UrS4 rear drive shaft pn UrS6? Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UrS4 rear drive shaft pn UrS6? Help.

So after a few years of being without a 2,2 I5 i have bougt my self a semi nice C4 S6. Had a weired noise com8ng from righthand side rear corner, almost thought the wheel had come loose. Got it up un a lift and saw that the outer CV boot was knackered, so i held the driveshaft firmly and rocked the wheel back and fort and discovered quite a bit of play in the outer joint. A mate of mine has got a complete rear end of an S4, so i was wondering if the complete shaft with joints and all are plug and play? Anyone know?

cheers

Kris
    Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

I'm pretty sure it's plug and play but just check on 7ZAP for the part numbers. The only thing different underneath these cars is the UFO front brakes (UrS4) as apposed to UrS6 HP2s and the rear diff can be locked manually via internal diff lock.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Just checked according to 7 Zap rear driveshafts are the same on both cars. 4A0 501 203B
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Thanks mate. Would have checked them if i had his (now mine) rear subframe here, haha.

Comment

So, finally got time to do this. Is it possible to remove the driveshaft without undoing the adjustable rod thingy? As in undoing the hub-bolt and the bolts around the inner CV and then fetteling it out? The adjustable thing doesent seem to want ro be removed without alot (ALOT) of violence.

Comment

Answer is: No, you can't. But i got it out =)

Comment

Working...
            X