New rear shocks for URS4 Avant - bit of help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rear shocks for URS4 Avant - bit of help please

I need to replace the bilsteins in the rear of my S4. One side seems to lock up and bottom out under larger compression (but not near full compression) making unsettling clonk noises. My car has 1BA printed on spec sheet. But has rear sway bar and 12mm thread on top of the shock pin. I have seen listings for 10mm shock threads and 12mm. Will they both fit? is it just the thread size that differs? I have looked for the part numbers listed on the shocks in google but nothing comes up, anyone have any part numbers that will work.
    Thanks Kevin

Originally posted by URS4 Avant View Post
    I need to replace the bilsteins in the rear of my S4. One side seems to lock up and bottom out under larger compression (but not near full compression) making unsettling clonk noises. My car has 1BA printed on spec sheet. But has rear sway bar and 12mm thread on top of the shock pin. I have seen listings for 10mm shock threads and 12mm. Will they both fit? is it just the thread size that differs? I have looked for the part numbers listed on the shocks in google but nothing comes up, anyone have any part numbers that will work.
    Thanks Kevin
    The 12mm variant is for cars with sports suspension. Both B6 and B8 are out of stock at Bilstein I myself am currently waiting on a production run at the end of March. If you want B8s in 12mm the part number is 24-020664

Comment

Awesome, thank you so much for the response.

Comment

They’re on back order. My set are due in next week now.

Comment

Originally posted by HMS-S6 View Post
          They’re on back order. My set are due in next week now.
          I’ve now been told the production date was delayed again - same for you presumably?

Comment

I was on back order waiting for those shocks for almost a year, and every month they're a week away, give up guys!

I got Monroe's in the end, a fraction of the price and delivered within 2 weeks, part number (for sports/12mm) 26340 or MON26340 but the MON part isn't important

Also don't make the same mistake I did - you can't reuse your old top nuts, they aren't the same thread, the Monroe's should include new nuts (and not be rattling round the bottom of the box still after you've thrown it away and cross threaded a brand new strut )

And annoyingly that number is listed with Repco (which is where I work and got the number) but they're not available in New Zealand so get them off eBay, they're really cheap anyway

Comment

Awesome, thanks dude. I work in the same parts game too!

Comment

Originally posted by Jolfa View Post
                I was on back order waiting for those shocks for almost a year, and every month they're a week away, give up guys!

I got Monroe's in the end, a fraction of the price and delivered within 2 weeks, part number (for sports/12mm) 26340 or MON26340 but the MON part isn't important

Also don't make the same mistake I did - you can't reuse your old top nuts, they aren't the same thread, the Monroe's should include new nuts (and not be rattling round the bottom of the box still after you've thrown it away and cross threaded a brand new strut )

And annoyingly that number is listed with Repco (which is where I work and got the number) but they're not available in New Zealand so get them off eBay, they're really cheap anyway
                Annoying thing is I bought a set of 25mm perch spacers meant for the bilstein OD (3”” ??) and was going to put a fresh set of B8s in with them. May have to give up and just put them on my existing B6s.

Comment

Working...
                X