Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help with Big problem with import of URS6/S6 from USA

Dear Members and Admins,

I need … I desperately seek your help for one case.

I bought an old one Audi URS6/S6 C4 1995 (one of my dreams) from the United States and I can't import the car to EU - Bulgaria. The car has both VIN and chassis numbers. The first on a plate under the windshield, on the driver's door column and in the trunk (example - WAUKA84A2SN123456). Another on the Chassis (example -WAUZZZ4AZSN123456). The two numbers differ only in the letters describing the equipment of the car.

During this period 1990's, Audi to cover US laws put a full VIN number with a description of the car on an additional plate under the windshield, and the Chassis number remained the one without a description ZZZ.

The problem that arises is:
    When trying to import the car in Bulgaria, the customs authorities and the police recognized as valid only the number of the Chassis with the number ZZZ, which is valid for all cars from Europe at that time. But the official documents for the car (US car title and Car Bill of sale) from the United States are for VIN under the windshield. The US authorities do not recognize the Chassis number as valid number.
    This is how the case turns out.
    Local customs believe that these are two different cars (or a sum of two different cars) and there is no official way to show that this is the same car, but due to US requirements during these years Audi has produced cars with both, VIN and Chassis numbers. For that reason, I need this official document, to prove against Bulgarian Customs and Police authorities that the car is produced with both numbers from factory to be able to import the car and then for its registration.

I wrote a few letters to Audi AG , Audi Tradition and from there I was sent to a social care advocate. As you can imagine, that didn't help me much. The advocate does not understand why these old cars are so important to us that I am looking for a way to bring them into the EU.

For a month now, he has not been able to find a solution to the situation. For this I desperately seek any help.

If someone have contacts with Audi AG at the appropriate level and with people from the “Old school” who understand the situation and would be happy to help or imported such a car then the US in the EU to share where he got the documents to go through customs and then for registration.

Please help me find the right person or team in Audi AG or way to help me get an official document that my car has been manufactured with two numbers from the factory.

In any other case, the car will be confiscated at customs.

I bought this car to fulfill one of my dreams - to make a full restoration of the car in US/Canada view and I did not expect this problem to arise. I am now in a very critical situation of losing my car.
    Please help me!!!!!

Best Regards,
    Dobrin.

Have you asked Audi Tradition for a birth certificate? This should show the vin numbers at manufacture.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
      Have you asked Audi Tradition for a birth certificate? This should show the vin numbers at manufacture.
      Yes, even for "Car Data Sheet" still no answer.. more than 3 weeks . Tradition wants Chassis number for cert.. I have US VIN ....here is the problem, they still keep silent even after 4 or 5 requests. They transfer me to social care advocate
      That's why I'm so desperate already

Comment

On dear. Not good. Perhaps you could ask a German speaking friend to ring Tradition for you?
        Failing that, ask Audi America for a birth certificate?
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
          On dear. Not good. Perhaps you could ask a German speaking friend to ring Tradition for you?
          Failing that, ask Audi America for a birth certificate?
          That is why I am looking for any help and experience. Someone before me has made such an import and must have gone this way.

Comment

Might be pretty stupid question at this point, since you've probably tried everything already but what does your local Audi dealership say about this? Do EU dealerships have any access to NA databases? Maybe they can contact them for you regarding your situation?

Comment

Originally posted by tekstil View Post
              Might be pretty stupid question at this point, since you've probably tried everything already but what does your local Audi dealership say about this? Do EU dealerships have any access to NA databases? Maybe they can contact them for you regarding your situation?
              This was first, but local dealer point me to looking for unit in Audi responsible for that old cars. Everything start from there.. then Audi.de, then Audi Tradition they send me to international Audi.com then Audi USA... till now... no help and usable support. Only ... we looking for solution and then nothing . 5 new my e-mails with question What is going on... no answer... more than 3 weeks.
              That's is why I'm looking for new ways to solve problem. The car is payed and ready for shipping from US more than a 2 months and still waiting for solution. No way for me to give up

Comment

Working...
              X