Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 100 S4 ex Belgium Touring Car

Hello to all

Some of you know me already. I'm a huge RS2 fan, and the president of an Audi club (www.audisport.ch). I live in Switzerland, in a place called Crans-Montana.

I want to present you my racecar, since the start of my history with this car (august 2019)
    It's an Audi 100 S4, that was build for Endurance Amateur racing in Belgium, called TouringCar.
    The car was build with an old stock of V8 DTM parts, so it's an huge chance for me that i can buy it.

This car has raced in 94 a full season and in 95 a half season.
    The Rollcage is identical to the V8 DTM also, build by Thiebaut Racing

She has some V8 DTM old partspossède AirJacks ((to lift the car in 2 seconds), the rear wing is the same than the 80 STW, 6 BBS magnésium, the chassis is completly welded and re-enforce, the motor was step back, she had a lot of radiators (gearbox, motor, steering, etc). The motor management is done with a Motronic from Audi RS2.

This car hasn't take the track and started since 24 years. Another Audi Fan (Dan de Oliveira) had the chance to buy it. Dan has made a new paint like she was for the first race (Grey), found new slicks, etc.
    Then it has sell it back and i have buy the car.

Here some pictures of the cars.

In White/Blue, was a paint that was done for a demo, and latest color that she had.
    in Grey it's the color that se had when i had buy :

[img]https://www.audisport.ch/media/kunena/attachments/233/received_305992613650324.jpeg/img]

A picture with both car of the precedent owner (Dan)

first try in a small track, when i wanted to buy it, 20 minutes by 3 driver just to test it :

When she arrived in Switzerland, at our club BBQ, with the S4 B8 as towing car :

Here a picture of the rear wing on a official Audi A4 STW :

Here some picture of the build of the Rollcage

Here the preparation of my first demo (new distribution to change the old that has 24 years, change the brake fluid, etc

The day of the demo (october 2019)

With the well know AudiSport Official Driver : Harald Demuth, that has sign the car

Then, i had the pleasure to see my car in the Wheeler Dealer French version at TV :

One day, i received via Facebook a first picture of my car in the past day, with the first Owner

Then i had mount the kit "Big belly"

Receivend my FIA Passport technical, for Switzerland Hillclimb

Then, after a lot of thinking, i wanted to change the look of the car. I had mix 2 decoration :
    - Audi V8 quattro DTM 1992 of F. Biela
    - Audi 80 STW 1994 of E. Pirro

This was the plan :

And finished

Then i had received from the first owner a lot of picture of the car in first test day and in the first season, before that she received the new front bumper. Back in the days :

Then a trackday in Bresse (France):

Another Track in Anneau du Rhin (France) :

The S4 B8 has already changed a bit, to look quite the same than the race car :

for fun, a racecar with isofix

Then, i had heat isolated the motor housing

Old raining slicks, used

Then i had made a change to my geometrie and it was worst than before.
    I had taken out this spacing plates on the "wishbone"

But i had a big other problem, i don't know if it was linked together

So, i had done the licence to be racing driver with my S4 b8. This course was on Hockenheim track in Germany, a great place where there was also F1 championship

The vidéo with the S4 B8 :

Then, frustrated, i had put the car on a Dyno, to know how much power it has.

Second try with another setup/chipset, but not good at all.

With the video :

​​​​​​​
    Now, the car is at my workshop. I will post the update for this winter later.
    I let you see all this pictures and video hahaha!!!

Thanks to had read this post!

Great car and great topic!
    Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Awesome! Subscribed before ending reading

Comment

Epic car , looking forward to plenty of updates

Comment

Really cool car. What did they do engine wise back in the day except chip sets? What turbo and manifold are on it?
          Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Originally posted by fish View Post
            Really cool car. What did they do engine wise back in the day except chip sets? What turbo and manifold are on it?
            Regarding the motor, the first owner that has build the car say me that the motor isn't forged, but there is an work on the head, they could by via Roland Mayer (Boss of MTM) an big turbo from Audi Sport, same that is on Audi S1.
            I just see that it's a big turbo, nothing under 4000RPM, but i haven't search anything on it right now. I will look at that later, because for hillclimb it's not the best to have this lag between 1000 and 4000 RPM...

Thanks to all for you comments!

Comment

Now it's time to show you what is done this past winter on the car...

An FIA expert has see the car, and there is some modification to pass technical control on Swiss Hillclimb in my categorie E1 (The most free categorie)
              - check the extinguisher and fix it just in front of the passage seat
              - Fix the 5th and 6th point of the Harness
              - Change Harnesses and Seats (FIA out of date :2020)
              - remove the additional tank, and check how the pump is connected to the fuel inlet and outlet pipes, call the expert to have him come back to see
              - completely review the fixing of the battery box
              - Change the zipper of the circuit breaker and put the stickers on it
              - check the rear lights (brakes and position)

For me :
              - remove the welded Torsen
              - Geometry and weight per wheel to be done
              - change brake pad that is made for endurance. You realy need to heat on some laps and then it's perfect. For hillclimb, it's not the right setup :-) !

The car as it home, on the lift :

Check the rigidity :

Here you can see the negative camber

To be installed (in carbon)

Then i found a donnor in our local car demolition (Audi 100 Diesel no quattro)

Parts taken out for my racecar

Old fuel intake on racecar, need to be "original" again.

Taken out all the 40 liter of V-Power

Old fuel tank out :

Taken out some parts to access to the fuel tank :

done :

Fuel tank out

Underskirt :

Taken out all the rest of the fuel (and hang up the tank, as it will be in a while, when we all have to switch to electric cars)

some **** that was at the bottom of the tank

Et ici les silentblocs du train arrière...Ils sont en dur, je pense qu'ils sont en alu.
              Mais ceux de la partie avant du train sont pas loin d'être raides.
              Tous sont sortis aisément, sauf un ou j'ai du taper/chauffer/presser pour le sortir.
              Je pense que je vais remettre tout à neuf, et faire tourner par un atelier

new arrival :

Fuel tank redone completly

Tank mounted, but the aluminum Silentblocs of the rear subframe did not please me ...
              The hole for the screw in the center was too wide and the flange at the top of the 2 which fit together brought the rear axle down to me, which only suited me moderately ...

A friend turned me supports like the old ones, in aviation aluminum ...

I had received the fuel sender level

That make 280 Ohms, i could order the manometer

Manometer stack received

Changed the Torsen welded, that was at the end of gearbox. This made the distribution between front and rear

Change the shifter finaly :

Make a new plate homemade :

The shifter is a coolerworks :
              https://coolerworx.com/shop/short-sh...e-01x-02x-0a3/

Rigid is cool, but inevitably it forces everywhere ...
              One of the fasteners on the car was showing signs of weakness:

welding of the 2 bodywork sheets together and welding of a reinforcing sheet ...

Here Zinc layer:

And first coat of paint for the principle (after cleaning the grease residues on the chassis):

Then filling the box (1.5 liter syringe, what is needed):

a photographer came to make a shooting...

Here are the first results:

Now, the S2 Forum is uptodate.
              I will work and post news as soon as possible!
              Thanks for following my post and my car!

Comment

quelle plaisir de voir revivre cette auto mythique

Comment

Great thread ?

Comment

Love it, proper racecar, a bit of racing history.

Comment

Frederic, it is time this came to me. You are changing the car too much. You are a custodian of a historic car. Please stop making into something else. It is not a hillclimb car. Needs to go circuit racing again!
                      Rob (who nearly bought it from Dan)?
                      Rob..
                      94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                      87 UR 20v ABY
                      97 S6 Avant
                      96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                      1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Working...
                      X