Run-On pump help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run-On pump help

Hello all need a bit of circuitry help. I’ve fitted my URS6 with a maxx ecu. Noticed my run on circuit is dead. The fan works on the over temp switch in the radiator but if I bridge the run on switch on the water rail neither the pump nor the fan run. I don’t appear to have 12v at the fuse for the run on circuit.
    Is this system fed by the stock ecu when the engine is shut off or is it completely stand alone?

The after-run system is not fed by the stock ECU at all so in that sense it is completely stand alone. However, it does send a signal to the ECU (pin 41 on the Motronic connector) when activated. Pin 41 on the Motronic is used to raise the idle RPM a couple of hundred RPM to improve coolant flow and is also connected to the A/C system if fitted to increase idle RPM if the A/C compressor has kicked in.
    In effect it's a dual use of the inlet manifold temperature sensor, F98. If it's triggered whilst the engine is running and at idle, the RPM is raised to improve coolant flow. If it's triggered and the engine isn't running, the fan and turbo coolant pump kick in for 10(?)mins.

Comment

Thank you for the response.

Comment

My after run pump has never worked when it should of done , whilst I had the engine out for rebuild I tested it and it fired up so the pump itself is good.

when I put the engine back in it still didn’t work then at one point I was doing something and had the maf disconnected and it fired up!

strange…. Also my diagnostic port has no power, when researching I see both the pump and diagnostic port go to fuse 22 ( from memory) and this is all good, I even suspected it to be the large relay under the dashboard but again all good.

any ideas??

Comment

It’s a strange system in an S6 as there’s bits of it all over the place. The relays are all behind the left a kick panel while the lone file is behind the drivers side one!
          I have traces mine to the 324 module but can’t find anyone who has broke an S6 for a while now.
          Any ideas anyone on here???

Comment

Working...
          X