Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 S6 Battery specs/options?

Hi all,

Looking to replace the battery on my late model C4 S6 (AAN)

Conscious the frame of the seat looks very close to the terminals on my current battery so ideally looking for something vented and with terminal covers - what options do I have that fit in the OE slot?

Would something like this do the job? (190x175x353mm HxWxL, 95aH, UK type 019)

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/bosch...ntee-444770197

60 ah?

Poslano sa mog SM-A135F koristeći Tapatalk

1-2-4-5-3

Comment

Bosch or Varta, and don't got to ECP, far cheaper here:-

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/types/019/
      sigpic
      1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
      1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
      1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Perfect thanks

Yes my local place has the Bosch 019 I linked above in stock for £105 so I'll go grab it this morning.. ECP are scam artists

Cheers
        Max

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Comment

Why 100 ah when the factory orders 60 ah. I don't think you buy shoes bigger than you need either?

1-2-4-5-3

Comment

Factory options were between 60-95aH

Theres no harm and minimal cost associated with picking up the higher aH battery... especially as the car has aircon and also isnt driven every single day

Comment

I'm not sure, I think it's for the 2.5 tdi.
              Anyway, maybe better is stronger. I bought a 60ah Exide 5 days ago. I had Varta for 8 years, but they say that the production moved to China and that it is not the Varta from a few years ago.

1-2-4-5-3

Comment

Yes - had heard similar about Varta so wanted to avoid them this time around - bought a Varta battery for my 944 S2 a few years back and its been great in fairness

Comment

Originally posted by Mzx944 View Post
                  Hi all,

Looking to replace the battery on my late model C4 S6 (AAN)

Conscious the frame of the seat looks very close to the terminals on my current battery so ideally looking for something vented and with terminal covers - what options do I have that fit in the OE slot?

Would something like this do the job? (190x175x353mm HxWxL, 95aH, UK type 019)

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/bosch...ntee-444770197
                  An 019 won't fit, width is good at 175mm but 353mm long is impossible to fit the aperture being at least 75mm too long. It's also too high by at least 15mm.

The best fit and quality i could find 7 years ago is a Varta E38 mine measures 275mm x 173mm wide and 172mm high, just been out to measure it as i too need a new battery now. It's a 74AH 750A battery. This fits fine but is still slightly higher than the original specified battery i believe.There isn't a lot of downward load travel when sat directly above it, even a moderately heavy person will feel the battery. Make sure you place a rubber mat over the battery terminals as it has been known for the battery to arc and catch fire on the seat frame wire when sat in or a load placed over that part of the seat.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...9ll3RLGkNp5x9E
                  96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                  96 URS6 plus speck estate
                  94 2.6 80 Avant
                  99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Forgot to come back on this

Yeah didnt end up going with the 019 as I offered it up to the slot while I was still at the store and realised it was too big!

Got a bosch unit that was slightly smaller, 74ah with caps for the terminals and vented so i can still run a breather pipe the OE exhaust hole

Comment

Working...
                    X