Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

93 Audi URS4 Exhaust question.. and others!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Audi URS4 Exhaust question.. and others!

Hello, so I have had my S4 2.2T for 6ish years. When I first got it I thought it had a major problem. With a special clonking noise when low rpm/lugging/moving off from a stand still. Turns out it was just the standard one tonne exhaust system clonking on one of the crossmembers under the car, the mounts had given up.
    So I had a exhaust shop cut the system at the Y piece remove the cats and turn it into a single 3 inch system. It has a single 18in long resonator and a fairly involved rear back box. Overall its livable, but at 100km/h our motorway limit, you guessed it, DRONES!
    I kept the old system, and found it under my house the other day. The car is NZ new and as we don't salt the roads is in fine shape. I am thinking of getting a shop to re attach the the original back box after splitting the single pipe back in to two.
    Has anyone had experience with this? Will i loose the drone with just the original rear muffler or should I also incorporate the original centre muffler/resonator?
    Just looking to get back into driving it more, and think i avoid longer drives in it because of what i have done.. I also have a 850 T5 that I didn't mess with the exhaust on!
    On another note, I took the steering wheel off years ago without un hooking the battery. So the air bag light is on (when the bulb is i the socket!) I recently purchased the 2x2 pin to 16pin diagnostic cable and want to try vagcom? Is there a link to installation of the program, I guess i also need another lead to attach to the obd2 port on the cable then into my laptop.
    thanks

Attached Files

I fitted a Miltek system on my S2 Avant with de cat pipes and it did drone quite badly. I re fitted the cats (Rs2) and the drone went. However, my system has a middle box as well.
    're Vagcom. You need a two port to obd converter (one just for sale here yesterday) and download the free version of vagcom on the internet. However, the free version has very limited functionality. I ended up buying the full licenced RossTek version and it's fantastic.
    Cars looking good
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

thanks for the response. The old tank has 280000kms on it now, to my knowledge it is unopened! Well my cats are long gone unfortunately. Guess I may just have to try refitting the old exhaust onto the single 3 inch system and see how I go. Yes I have just purchased the two port to obd converter. But need to get from that converter to my laptop after I download/buy the vagcom system?

Comment

https://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/362177.phtml
        '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Working...
        X