Fuel pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pipes

My metal fuel pipes below the car are leaking. It's a 1993 s4 with the aan engine. Some of the pipes are plastic. Is this standard or have they been replaced at sometime.
    Are these joining pieces still available.

Fuel pipe

Is it possible to convert it to all plastic or is there a kit available.

Comment

that looks not origional
      seems plastic pipe connections which they use on trucks ............
      i think the fuelpipes need to be iron until you come with flexi lines on the fuelrail
      audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
      TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
      AEM W/M injection

Comment

C4 UrS Fuel System: From the Tank to Injectors and Back Again

The original fuel lines were metal.

Some info here:

C4 UrS Fuel System: From the Tank to Injectors and Back Again:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/226410.phtml

Specifically: http://12v.org/urs/FredMsAudiUrSFuel...tenanceDIY.pdf

For full plastic replacement, search out Eaton EH089 ESP Hose and fittings.

Eaton EH049 ESP tubing and EH089 ESP hose utilize a multi-layer construction including a polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDV) barrier, polyester reinforcement and a black melt-processible rubber (MPR) cover to achieve hydrocarbon permeation rates of less than 5 g/m2 per day while providing excellent strength and flexibility. Both products can be used with gasoline, petroleum-based chemicals, and bio-diesel fuel up to B100.

“This EPA certification covers EPA-mandated evaporative emissions requirements for fuel systems taking effect in 2010, 2011, and 2012,” says Mike Henning, Eaton senior product manager. “It also covers California Air Resources Board (CARB) requirements, SAE J1527R1, J30R6, R9, and R11 specifications, and the International Marine Certification Institute’s Recreational Craft Directive 94/25/EC.”

EH049 ESP tubing and EH089 ESP hose are suitable for virtually any tank-to-engine application on marine or turf equipment with an operating temperature range of -25°F to +150°F (-32°C to +66°C). Both are available in cut lengths, coils, reels, and custom colors.

EH089 ESP hose has a working pressure of 250 psi and is available in three standard sizes:
        Part No ID mm (inch) OD mm (inch)
        EH89-04 6.4 (1/4) 12.7 (1/2)
        EH89-05 7.9 (5/16) 14.1 (.555)
        EH89-06 9.5 (3/8) 15.9 (5/8)

EH049 is only good to 50 psi so not applicable to our fuel injected systems (We need 86 psi with a 4 Bar (59 psi) fuel pressure regulator and 27 psi boost)

http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/publ...t/pll_1194.pdf

Here is somebody's (Josh Van Tol's) shopping list for nylon fuel line replacement for his C4 UrS:

"Here's my parts list. This was all I needed and worked out great. I used the brass ferrules that came with the compression fittings on the metal lines, and the plastic ferrules to join to the nylon. No leaks, no hassle. It took a few hours including cleaning up the stub ends of the old lines and painting them to protect them. I re-used all the old clips and rubber blocks to secure the lines:

6 50915K134 Standard Brass Compression Tube Fitting, Coupling for 5/16" Tube OD
        1 50915K194 Standard Brass Compression Tube Fitting, Plastic Sleeve for 5/16" Tube OD, packs of 10
        1 5173K68 Vacuum-Rated Nylon Tubing, .242" ID, 5/16" OD, .035" Wall Thickness, Opaque Black 50 feet"

OE metal part numbers:

RMcComiskie's Fuel line C4 A6 replacement DIY:
        http://forums.quattroworld.com/a6100/msgs/32773.phtml

Rew noted that he followed RMcComiskie's DIY. Only difference between the A6 and the S6 is the 3rd line is not a different size for the EVAP line, so you can use the same material for all of it

Last edited by UrS4boy; 27 November 2016, 17:15.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Fuel lines

Thanks for the replies. Will replace the metal pipe and leave the plastic pipe in place.

Comment

Working...
          X