Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water silicone hoses

Hello guys.
    Rubber hoses on my us6 are old and tired.
    Does anyone has experience with silicone hoses (do88 or similar)?
    Original new are very expensive.
    Thanks

1-2-4-5-3

No idea on the do88, but the photo giving the shapes and sizes are handy.

Roose seems to be a safe bet if you're not sure.

Best wishes.

Last edited by macspring; 19 January 2017, 00:01.

Comment

I have a set of black silicone water hoses from a russian tuning site and they are great. Some of them came longer & had to be trimmed, but most are plug & play. A very, very worthy investment, you can forget about leaking hoses.

The site is chinatuning.ru, although I cannot find the kit there anymore. I bought it for like 100 euros.

Comment

Yes, I have upgraded my S6 with a water hose kit from do88. Fits ok (the hose to the heater core shut off valve was a pain to fit (a tiny bit to small), the others no problem).

Comment

I assumed. Thanks for answers guys.
          1-2-4-5-3

Comment

I just received set of pressure hoses from do88. All looks good and proper quality, same as Roose which I used for radiator hoses,
            anyhow,
            I can't say that I'm satisfied 100% because end of one hose is not 'properly finished' or i don't know how to describe better, photo will tell more than thousand words

Attached Files

Comment

Be carefull how tight you do up the clips my samco's ended up cutting through, not impressed by the quality at all so changing all over to Roose vintage wrap type

Comment

Update from this end, bought a set of Do88 hoses, used one already about two months ago because one of my UrS6 original hoses let go.

Quality seems fine and the price is very good for a set of water hoses for the car.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                  Be carefull how tight you do up the clips my samco's ended up cutting through, not impressed by the quality at all so changing all over to Roose vintage wrap type
                  I'm just wondering what hose clamps you were using ?? >>
                  I've ordered SS W4 high quality standard hose clamps: An all stainless steel standard hose clamp with both band and screw in stainless steel, suitable for most of applications, materials class W4. This clamp has a stamped thread instead of holes in the band. Therefor this clamp does not leave marks on the hose surface if it is pulled tight. This type of clamp has a large clamping range and can therefore be used for several different hose sizes.

https://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/hose...ity/index.html

Comment

SS jubilee type standard stuff really, a few people have posted on here with issues I don't think they are as great as I first thought shame we can no longer get OEM stuff

Comment

You mean silicone hoses are not great ? or SS jubilee hose clamps ?
                      Regarding Samco ... hmmm aliexpress.com is loaded with them, so...
                      OEM stuff you still can order through trshop.audi.de for insane price, but in my opinion proper silicone hoses are much much better then OEM rubber.

Comment

Working...
                      X