Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UrS6 - Removal of Interior Bootlid Trim on Saloon ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UrS6 - Removal of Interior Bootlid Trim on Saloon ?

Sorry about this, does anyone have a link handy for the instructions / how to on taking off the black trim on the inside of the boot of a C4 saloon as I need to replace a reversing light bulb.

My recollection is that it is not that straightforward, or maybe I'm thinking of the Avant tailgate which is a pita ?

As an aside - I thought German cars had to have easy access to their lights so that most drivers would be able to replace a blown bulb on the side of the road with a bulb from their must carry "spare bulbs kit", rather than drive around with a blown bulb for months because they did want to bring it to the garage 'just' for a bulb, as happens here.

The C4's rear brake and the indicator bulbs are very easy to replace, but the fog light and reversing bulbs not so easy.

Thanks for any links.

There's just a black cover, which is screwed with + head screws on the top side, and a series of spring bits on the bottom. Remove the screws and it should come off upwards.

Comment

Quick update - Based on a very late 1996 year of manufacture UrS6 Saloon.

Went out and took off the boot lid cover.

There are four of the carpeted / 'fluffy' headed Phillips headed screws on the bottom of the open boot lid.

Two on each side and six along the top.

There is also a single carpeted / 'fluffy' Phillips headed screw on the LHS 'inside' the finger pull down handle, ( A head torch is handy helper ), as well as two longer' regular' Phillips screws for the black plastic Emergency Road Triangle that need to be removed.

To stop the lid hanging off as your remove more and more screws it is better to take out the top two side screws last, put them back in first when you don't have a helper to hold the panel when you're down to your last one of two screws.

On mine it was not a blown driver's side bulb as I thought, but a completely rusted out bulb holder where the loom connector attaches to the holder. It was rusted out from the water that gets in via the boot lock button. The inside of the trim panel was all dusty and 'mud stained' from the ingress of water over the years. The LHS of the panel was perfect and dust free due to no boot lock on that side.

I need to get a LHS bulb holder and it's connector from the breaker car's loom to fix my RHS. Will also look to coat it in Vaseline with a cotton bud to prevent a reoccurrence in 15 years time.

Thanks RichLV for your quick reply which 'inspired me to tackle mine.

Last edited by macspring; 12 June 2017, 00:55.

Comment

Working...
      X