No announcement yet.

s2 Cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You lucky, lucky man! I've had a dream of building\buying such a car. Have you got any information on the conversion to quattro? what floor theyv'e used and how much they have replaced?

-Tommy

Comment

• Originally posted by tommy06 View Post
      You lucky, lucky man! I've had a dream of building\buying such a car. Have you got any information on the conversion to quattro? what floor theyv'e used and how much they have replaced?

-Tommy
      It looks more than what most people think, its sitting in my lockup atm and does look more indepth than just bolting on stuff.

Comment

• When the first one was built, I was fortunate enough to see it being built, ISTR it's a cabriolet floorpan with the T89CQ rear subframe area welded into the floorpan, this leaves the uprated chassis for the ragtop but gains the apeture for the rear diff and driveshafts. The other car (MTM428BHP) was (is) something else on the road, it'd pretty much eat anything out there and lift a front wheel under hard acceleration. (Similar to the very last tarmac spec A2 quattros)... It's a unique, and beautifully executed build. (again, IMHO).
        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• anyone have any pictures of that one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
            The other car (MTM428BHP) was (is) something else on the road
            Have you been in that car Ian? ive been told it handles like a turd, or words to that effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by martinjs View Post
              Have you been in that car Ian? ive been told it handles like a turd, or words to that effect.
              I have...

From what I remember, (other than it went like stink) was that it did suffer from scuttle shake (no different to any other B3Cab - is a Cab a B3 or a B4?), but obviously exaggerated by the power. Lateral 'g' in the corners was in the 'passenger clenched fist territory', so certainly wasn't 'turd'ish'... I'd say it was pretty much what you'd expect it to be... A compromise between roof off and ultimate handling.

There was something about the leather, the wooden steering wheel and the colour that reminded me of a yacht though...
              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
                There was something about the leather, the wooden steering wheel and the colour that reminded me of a yacht though...

Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                  It looks more than what most people think, its sitting in my lockup atm and does look more indepth than just bolting on stuff.
                  hehe, no if i thoutgh it was bolt on I would be neck deep in trouble by know... But someday, when I find someone who can change the floor for me, or aquire the skills to do it myself I'll build one! So if you should find any information, or for some reason have all the runningear down snap some photos! thx in advance!

Anyways, yours looks beautiful!! And those new porsche wheels will realy set it of!

Comment

• Small update.

Donor car is finally here and sat on my drive. Massive thanks to s2avanturbo for helping me collect it. I'll get some pics up in a sec.
                    Also man armed with soldering gun is provisionally booked to come and transfer the loom from the coupe to the cab

cheers
                    Gav
                    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

• Awesome Gav20v,

I look forward to reading about the project...
                      The perfect combo of speed and styling!

Comment

• Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
                        Small update.

Donor car is finally here and sat on my drive. Massive thanks to s2avanturbo for helping me collect it. I'll get some pics up in a sec.
                        Also man armed with soldering gun is provisionally booked to come and transfer the loom from the coupe to the cab

cheers
                        Gav
                        fancy a nice bowl of soup Gav?

Comment

• Wow nice car ...
                          Car HID Ballast

Comment

• couple of pics of the donor

S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

• Originally posted by martinjs View Post
                              Does anybody know where the 428bhp Kim Collins car is now?
                              sigpic
                              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• In Kims garage :mischeif:
                                S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Working...
                                X