Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original V8 4.2 six speed with coolant Gearbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Original V8 4.2 six speed with coolant Gearbox

    Good afternoon I have a genuine Audi v8 4.2 with 6-speed gearbox I am restoring it and I have found a curious detail.

    Mounts a refrigerated gearbox. I had always thought it was the same 6speed box as the S2 Aby and S4, but it is not true, they mounts other

    Someone else has a V8 manual shift with coolant Gearbox?

    Is this gearbox mounted on another Audi model?

    The 3.6 5 speed have a coolant gearbox?

    Thanks a lot











    Last edited by MOTORHOOLIGAN; 29th October 2017, 17:39.

  • #2

    Comment


    • #3
      i believe its gear oil, not coolant. it has a pump to push it thru a heat exchanger.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by speeding-g60 View Post
        i believe its gear oil, not coolant. it has a pump to push it thru a heat exchanger.
        Perhaps you are right, when I change the timing belt we know it



        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by speeding-g60 View Post
          i believe its gear oil, not coolant. it has a pump to push it thru a heat exchanger.
          I have a 94 UrS4 4.2L with the CMG 6 spd transmission. PN for the transmission is 01E300043QX and it was used in the C4 UrS4/S6 V8s and the D11 V8s. It has an internal gear pump (PN 01E315105C) that circulates the gear oil to a special radiator, much like automatic transmissions have special radiators. PN for the radiator is 4A0121251B

          The UrS4/S6 20VT AAN 6 spd transmission, the CBL, does not have the gear oil pump that the CMG has.







          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post

            I have a 94 UrS4 4.2L with the CMG 6 spd transmission. PN for the transmission is 01E300043QX and it was used in the C4 UrS4/S6 V8s and the D11 V8s. It has an internal gear pump (PN 01E315105C) that circulates the gear oil to a special radiator, much like automatic transmissions have special radiators. PN for the radiator is 4A0121251B

            The UrS4/S6 20VT AAN 6 spd transmission, the CBL, does not have the gear oil pump that the CMG has.






            Thanks a lot!

            Do you know if its possible to mounts this oil pump in a AAN 6 speed gearbox? I'm thinks not see any place for this

            Comment


            • #7
              HI Yes have one of those on my 94 urs4 v8 4.2 , looks like an oil cooler , as Dave says it is to pump the oil around , totally over the top , and over engineered , but it is a bit special,,

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MOTORHOOLIGAN View Post
                Do you know if its possible to mounts this oil pump in a AAN 6 speed gearbox? I'm thinks not see any place for this
                Don't think so. The CBL UrS six-speed case is PN: 01E301103K. The CMG 6spd case is a 01E301103T. The 01E301103T is also used in the B5 S4 DSY transmission (but not the EDU) because the DSY has the pump.

                RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MOTORHOOLIGAN View Post

                  The 3.6 5 speed have a coolant gearbox?

                  Thanks a lot

                  Yes, the V8 3.6 5-speed gearbox also has an oil pump and external cooler.

                  www.quattro.ca
                  B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
                  B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks for all!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      2.5tdi also has the pump.

                      Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        my DSY 6speed has the oil pump but I bypassed that.
                        one of a few I5 from Asia.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X