Aircon issues A4 B7 1,8T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon issues A4 B7 1,8T

Girlfriends aircon suddenly doesent blow cold anymore. Checked codes inn VagCom and nothing. Both fans work, seems to be enough gas in it as the compressor switches on and off when i press the econ button, stays off too. Had a look today and the pipe that goes through the firewall gets ice cold as soon as you start the car, the hose next to it stays ambient temp. BUT the cold line is only cold to the joint were the orifice tube is located... Would this mean that the orifice tube is clogged maybe? Or what are your thoughts? The car itself is on its last legs, but it would be nice if she could make it through the summer before its retired to an ice track car.
    Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

The pipe is cold from the evaporator box to the orifice tube joint, just to make myself clear

Comment

I've seen the filter clog up.

Comment

Well, i ended up getting it re-gassed. And so far so good. It had 115gr of refridgerant left out of the 500gr that should be in it. My only wonder is why it would still let the compressor start. Must have been just enough for it to start, but not enough to actualy cool. I guess ill just have to wait and see how long it lasts now.

Comment

Working...
        X