My V8's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My V8's

So earlier this year it was time to buy a sensible car, and the wife said not to get another low slung sports car <her words> so I bought myself an Audi S4 b6, which I have been very happy it, everyone asks about fuel consumption on these well I generally get early to mid twenties, and on a return trip from the lake district earlier this year It averaged 29 mpg without me trying (but admittedly my lead foot mostly didn't come out to play).
    I want need to do a few things to pep it up a bit, i.e. making it breath better by changing the exhaust and the pre cats (piggies) then a tune. I also want to change the head unit to either an RNS-E or something like a Kenwood DNX4250.
    The other car is my 69 Mustang that has been in storage for AHEM years, It is a 302 ci fastback I have loads of new panels and such for it, just need to build a garage next to the house to put it in, the Trans Am is my mates.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/attachm...tc=1&d=1416494

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/attachm...=1416494170170

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/attachm...1&d=1416494976

Sorry the pictures are not particularly good.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rob W; 20 November 2014, 14:50.
    Rob W
    04 Audi S4 Avant
    55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
    92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
    1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

I do love a nice old 'stang - there is a tasty red fastback locally that I see once in a blue moon. Nice B6-S4 too !
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

You so need to get that Muzzy back on the road... a few of my mates have Muscle cars fromt hat period and they are great fun to play with!

Comment

yes, lets see more of the mustang

Comment

Gosh the 'stang wants some work... it a decent model?

Comment

nice S4 audi-sport.net is a good place for info on the B6 if you need it by the way
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            1990 CQ20v
            2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Rob W View Post
              I also want to change the head unit to either an RNS-E
              I waited a year to upgrade the prehistoric RNSD to RNSE, should have done it day 1.
              B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
                I waited a year to upgrade the prehistoric RNSD to RNSE, should have done it day 1.
                Yes the RNS D has to go, and the RNS E is in my opinion by far the best fit aesthetically for Audis.
                But although they are way ahead of the RNS D, they almost as far behind the Kenwoods, Pioneers, Alpines of the world, and can cost as much with far less options.
                Im looking at a Kenwood at the moment that has DAB, DVD/CD playback, smartphone mirroring, Garmin Sat Nav, Bluetooth handsfree, remote control etc.
                If I find a late model RNS E cheap i might change my mind, but I have yet to find one, and to be fair I think I want a milltek more than anything else for S4 at the mo.
                Rob W
                04 Audi S4 Avant
                55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
                92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
                1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

Must be a petrolhead thing.

I was looking for a S2 and just found one today so put in am offer and it was accepted. No pictures as its not here yet.

I also have a Mustang Fastback, its a mint 67 390 GT/a with all the bits, Its in my house for the winter along with my 31 Ford A series hot rod truck.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Rob GT500 on here has one as his name suggests
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Rob W View Post
                      Yes the RNS D has to go, and the RNS E is in my opinion by far the best fit aesthetically for Audis.
                      But although they are way ahead of the RNS D, they almost as far behind the Kenwoods, Pioneers, Alpines of the world, and can cost as much with far less options.
                      Im looking at a Kenwood at the moment that has DAB, DVD/CD playback, smartphone mirroring, Garmin Sat Nav, Bluetooth handsfree, remote control etc.
                      If I find a late model RNS E cheap i might change my mind, but I have yet to find one, and to be fair I think I want a milltek more than anything else for S4 at the mo.
                      Well priced RNSE currently on RS246, £300 and it looks like new, have met seller several times

RNSE is great for keeping the OEM look - and for resale - but I agree its a ten year old design now!
                      B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Originally posted by Birder View Post
                        Must be a petrolhead thing.

I was looking for a S2 and just found one today so put in am offer and it was accepted. No pictures as its not here yet.

I also have a Mustang Fastback, its a mint 67 390 GT/a with all the bits, Its in my house for the winter along with my 31 Ford A series hot rod truck.
                        Nice pair!
                        B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

some LOVELY Mustangs on here and a couple of nice babes lol!!

Comment

Working...
                          X