Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abh V8

Hi guys!

Can anyone tell me the threads IN to the fuel pressure regulator and fuel rail?
    It looks the same as I had on my S2 3B, but not sure. I bought adapter from Speedflow to convert from M14 to AN6.

Does anyone have some pics on custom mod on a good airfilter solution?
    I was wondering to use the Y-piece from S4 B5 from the back of the engine and out to each side.
    Last edited by Lighthouse; 27 March 2016, 14:48.
    '10 A5 Coupè 2.0TFSI REVO
    90 quattro

X- 91 S2 Coupè 467hp, 670nm!

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Hi guys! Can anyone tell me the threads IN to the fuel pressure regulator and fuel rail? It looks the same as I had on my S2 3B, but not sure. I bought adapter from Speedflow to convert from M14 to AN6.
    Good question. The various parts catalogues do not give any hints either.

http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+v8/...0/1/133-18000/

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Hi guys!Does anyone have some pics on custom mod on a good airfilter solution? I was wondering to use the Y-piece from S4 B5 from the back of the engine and out to each side.
      I honestly don't think that you will be able to improve on a system that has twin snorkles bringing cold air from outside the engine bay to a single, fairly large, panel filter. It is a good design. That said, they didn't need to make the filter box an engine cover.

My 94 S4 ABH V8 avant when it was for sale in Japan in 2010, showing the twin humps on the lock carrier, one for each snorkel.

http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+v8/...0/1/133-19030/

Now in my possession:

Attached Files

Comment

You can change the intake manifold to the ABZ with a little bit of grinding on the plates underneath and the valley pan cover from an ABZ too.

I did this on my coupe swap. It let me use a B4 airbox which I made larger for the V8's increased airflow. I could have used an S2 or RS2 box but they aren't available over here.
        1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
        1995 90
        2011 A4 Avant
        1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Grillage View Post
          You can change the intake manifold to the ABZ with a little bit of grinding on the plates underneath and the valley pan cover from an ABZ too.
          How much of your engine is ABH and how much is ABZ?

Comment

All ABH other than the valve covers, Valley pan cover and intake. Needed to ditch the distributors for the swap and the ABZ stuff let's me go COP instead.

Here's the parts under the IM that need shaving:
            1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
            1995 90
            2011 A4 Avant
            1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

Oh, Fuel rail is ABZ too.
              1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
              1995 90
              2011 A4 Avant
              1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Grillage View Post
                All ABH other than the valve covers, Valley pan cover and intake. Needed to ditch the distributors for the swap and the ABZ stuff let's me go COP instead.
                Thanks. Yeh, that left bank ABH distributor would have hit the master cylinder.

I presume that you are on VEMS or the like?

Comment

Yep. VEMS.
                  1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
                  1995 90
                  2011 A4 Avant
                  1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

Thanks UrS4,
                    I think I will just try to order the fitting to change into AN. I have seen the same picture in ETKA, but as you say, it doesn't say any information about connection type.

As for the inlet I have the ABH in a 90q which is i tight squeeze, that is the only reason i have for chaning it. As far as OEM goes, I'm all for having it looking stock.

Do you have any good links for stuff to fit the ABH or other hint and tips pages online? Beeing new to this engine, having the old 2.2 lump earlier
                    90 quattro

Comment

Oh, do you have the parts numbers for the screws to fit the airfilter? 3 and 4? The ones in the back are not listed in that pic above?
                      90 quattro

Comment

Oh, do you have the parts numbers for the screws to fit the airfilter? 3 and 4? The ones in the back are not listed in that pic above?
                        If you are talking to me, Items 3 and 4 PNs are in this link:

http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+100.../133-133099/#4

Comment

abh

What kind of output are you getting with the vems set up?

Comment

I haven't put mine on a dyno so I can't answer. I can tell you it makes my 2.8 Cabrio feel SUPER slow
                            1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
                            1995 90
                            2011 A4 Avant
                            1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                              What kind of output are you getting with the vems set up?
                              The owner of this C4 S6 Plus "clone" suggests "estimated power of around 300-320 crank h.p. VEMS is the perfect platform for a future turbo installation if desired":

" ENGINE: 4.2 ABH bottom end with early A8 ABZ heads. NOS ABH short block from Euro Spec Sport in Gilroy, CA. Probably the last remaining crate ABH engine in N. America. The heads were completely rebuilt, given a light port and polish/clean up of the intake tract. S6 Plus factory exhaust manifolds (Cermakrome coated), new NOS S6 Plus fuel injectors (191 cc/min) , S6 V8/Plus engine mounts, throttle cable, powder coated timing covers and intake manifold, all new factory engine gaskets (2 extra sets come with car), new Hepu water pump, timing parts, factory S6 V8 oil cooler, new L&R factory radiator, S6 Plus upper radiator hose, all coolant hoses are C4 V8 issue. Has a new factory a/c condensor, S6 V8 a/c compressor and proper lines from the S6 Plus. Factory S6 Plus air box and plenum (took 2 years to find!), NOS factory S8 engine cover, everything fits and looks like it belongs. Power steering rack was rebuilt by Jorgen and the factory S6 steering damper has been installed. Custom high-pressure hose by House of House of Spokane, WA. Redline PSF and the rack is quiet in all temps. Factory Avon-made C4 V8 mounts with additional 60 shore polyurethane for added firmness.

ENGINE MANAGEMENT: VEMS custom built by Marc Swanson of EFI Express. Has upgraded circuity and capacitor. Utilizes a factory S6 Plus engine harness. Dyno-tuned by Marc at Iroz Motorsport, Las Vegas in 2014. Estimated power of around 300-320 crank h.p. VEMS is the perfect platform for a future turbo installation if desired."

Comment

Working...
                              X