No announcement yet.

great car polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you're taking it to a professional , they'll have farecla products or other commercial
    products, otherwise I know 'brown brothers' sell it up here.

I'm not really one for machine application of wax , but I guess everybody has their preference, what about Andy is he not close to you ?

HTH

Comment

You mean T2 andy?

I recall someone here being a pro restorer but forgot name.
      ABY Coupe
      sigpic

Comment

Hi Ski i have been detailing cars for the last 3/4 months now and have found so much info on detailingworld.co.uk Have a look on there and maybe put a post in the regional section, there are loads of pro detailers that can remove swirls and so on. Be aware though the paint on our cars are very hard so its very very hard to get swirls out.
        3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

take a look here mate of some cars i have recently done
          http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i167/stevie040/
          3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Originally posted by Ski
            You mean T2 andy?

I recall someone here being a pro restorer but forgot name.

Yip T2Andy, he could sort you out , I think he's near sheffield....

Comment

Yep Andy id from Sheffield i enquired about having some work done a while back thats what got me really interested in this sector. Im rubbish at mechanics

Comment

Regarding buffing you do need experiance and the paitiance of a saint
                buffed a black golf today which had been buffed already from a car dealership
                it had more swirls than a WALNUT WHIP .i think they used to corse a compound
                and just ran the buffer quickly over the paint work .A right 2&8 .
                I dont really think you would get good results with scratch x on the whole car
                doing it by hand its mainly for localised scuffs .it would be very difficult to apply
                the correct pressure for any legnth of time .sorry for the essay.
                Last edited by T2Andy; 24 August 2006, 22:38.
                sigpic

Comment

Cool thanx for all your feedback guys.

What can i say, i tried it myself, but failed. I should of practiced on a older car, caravan or my cooker or something first.
                  ABY Coupe
                  sigpic

Comment

I would highly recommend bilt hamber auto balm, it is fantastic, gives a real deep wet look and helps to protect against corrosion, they also do a clay bar which is bigger than the mequires one.

http://www.bilthamber.com/

I used to use autoglym but this beats it hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by T2Andy
                      Regarding buffing you do need experiance and the paitiance of a saint
                      buffed a black golf today which had been buffed already from a car dealership
                      it had more swirls than a WALNUT WHIP .i think they used to corse a compound
                      and just ran the buffer quickly over the paint work .A right 2&8 .
                      I dont really think you would get good results with scratch x on the whole car
                      doing it by hand its mainly for localised scuffs .it would be very difficult to apply
                      the correct pressure for any legnth of time .sorry for the essay.
                      How much does a job like that cost Andy?

Comment

pm sent
                        sigpic

Comment

Cheers Andy be doing business with you soon :mischeif:

Comment

Working...
                          X