Waxoyl? What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxoyl? What is it?

Every time I read an article about some Audi or other German car being worked on in the UK the name keeps popping up and all I here are the wonders of Waxoyl. Can you guys tell me what it is and is it as good as I've read? Is it sold in the States?

waxoyl is a form of wax that u spray or brush on ya car,comes in a big tin and a hand pump waarm it up pump like hell then pull the trigger and it sprays,so its a bit like under body sealer,
    how i use it i jet wash my car underside then put it on just before winter starts so u dont get the rust n salt,then after winter jet wqash again check ya car out then do it again for the summer
    1990 100 2.2 10vqt 82k miles(now dead)
    1990 90 2.3 20v 166k miles
    1988 90 2.0 10v 181k miles
    oh and a polo for work.

Comment

Its as above, an under body sealant, i dont think you guys in the states have the same problem as us over here tho, or is it just the hotter places like CA etc that are like that?
      Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

how do u jet spray under ur car without a ramp? need some ideas
        ABY Coupe
        sigpic

Comment

A set of drive on ramps or axle stands do the trick, you get used to the taste of that stuff after a while

Originally posted by Ski
          how do u jet spray under ur car without a ramp? need some ideas
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar
            A set of drive on ramps or axle stands do the trick, you get used to the taste of that stuff after a while
            My S2 won't drive onto my ramps because of the chin spoiler, so I have to jack it up and slide the ramps and axle stands underneath

Cheers n

Si
            95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
            Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
            With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

put it on its roof its a lot easier to spray it then.

Comment

If you put the car on its side it's easy. BTDT.
                SS

Comment

have you got one of those car stands that turns your car to its side ?

Comment

And after all the fuss of putting on a DRY underside you will realise that a galvanised bodyshell does not need it...........unless you have bodywork repairs.
                    Best left to the real beer beards with MGs
                    Alastair
                    RS2

Comment

Ahh there is a trick to it, get two pieces of wood and place them before the ramp, so you drive the two front wheels up onto the large blocks of wood, then onto the ramp and up. Quick diagram to explain, blue bits are the wood blocks..

The quattro is the only car i've ever owned that can reverse up these ramps too

Originally posted by HPmuirt
                      My S2 won't drive onto my ramps because of the chin spoiler, so I have to jack it up and slide the ramps and axle stands underneath

Cheers n

Si
                      Attached Files

Comment

Duplicate post

Comment

Originally posted by alg
                          And after all the fuss of putting on a DRY underside you will realise that a galvanised bodyshell does not need it...........unless you have bodywork repairs.
                          Best left to the real beer beards with MGs

Excellent post Al...

When I saw the post I was going to just reply with 'irrelevant on our galvanised S2s'

PAul
                          Paul Nugent
                          Webmaster http://S2central.net
                          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
                            Excellent post Al...

When I saw the post I was going to just reply with 'irrelevant on our galvanised S2s'

PAul
                            Paul the shell is made from electro galvanised steel but a lot of the underbody components such as suspension are not. They do corrode a bit which spoils the look of the underside.

I wouldn't wash it off after the winter though.

As one of the sad gits with an old car I would like stick my 2p worth in please.

Waxoyl is a trade name for an underbody sealant and box section rust preventer.

Waxoyl is the name people know but is not the best product.

I suggest dinitrol which has a comprehensive range of products. The box section spray is less viscous ( more watery).

have a look at
                            http://www.dinitrol.com/ShowSegmentP...ION*PREVENTION

the 3000 series ( page 2 )seem to be the most relevant. This is far more professional stuff.

Comment

Working...
                            X