whats the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best?

Right, been reading through the various sites about polishing products and there are so many products claiming there the best and so on. So what is the best in your opinion? There are some very expensive caranuba waxes from zymol and so on does anyone use these? I use meguiars at the moment which is good but many people are saying mothers products are the ones to go for? All, or a lot of the pro detailers are using zymol so is this the one to go. I need my beast looking its best for the summer so what does everyone think?
    3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

I have gone from AG to Megs stuff and love it. I have also invested in some P21s concours wax which is very nice too. All the bods on the megs forum reckon megs is as good as you are going to get. Without trying anything else it is hard to know, but I am very happy with the application and finish (and smell) of the megs stuff, so value for money wise will probably stick with it...

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Yep, Megs for me too. I've tried all the top end wax/polish/cleaners etc.. and this is about the best (for the money). I've used the Zymol when Jas's bro bought some and found it to be about the same finish for more money. I'm very happy with my choice but it's each to their own again
      Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
      S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Try flating your paintwork with 1800 grade wet and dry, then using G3 twice and then T cut and finally a couple of coats of polish, btdt last weekend.

Iain

Comment

It's hard to tell the difference between a car coated in £6000 worth of wax and one coated in beeswax , but it's dead easy to spot a car that has no wax and no reflection.

Pay your money and take your pick, unless your entering for the concours competition at PB .

Comment

Best combo for me is 3M HandGlaze, followed by OneGrand Blitz wax. I wax my car once a month (parked outside, on a busy road), but this combo would work for at least 4 months with a weekly hose down.

Handglaze is quite difficult to get hold of, i know of only Brown Brothers which sells it over the counter. Blitz is available from frost.co.uk.

Again, all IMHO

Edit to add

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pre-Wax-Cleane...QQcmdZViewItem

No links etc
            Shirish

RS2 Polar Silver

Comment

Right my latest line up of cleaning goodies is this:
              1, Meg's gold class shampoo
              2, Megs Clay bar
              3, Megs paint cleaner
              4, Mothers sealer and glaze
              5, P21s wax
              6, Mothers reflections top coat
              Thats it 80 quid spent i hope the results are worth it. What do u lot think of these products? Only annoying thing looks like its going to rain all weekend
              3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

zymol

I sorry but i cant look past zymol i have tried megs, autoglym resin and quite a few others.
                I use zymol carbon wax the car has been under a cover in the garage for two and half years i pulled it out the other day to start taking the block out of it, a few lads seen the car out and could not belive the car had not been polished for over 2 years it was cleaming it looks as bright the day it was done
                Like i said i tried loads and his definately the best i have encountered
                If you seen the thing on fith gear about the guy who polishes all the well to do peoples cars he uses nothing else but zymol

Comment

that guy i posted about in the open topic section.... his wax is £6k for a small tub, so not quite the same really.

Im more than happy with meguairs.... IMO tho, application is far more important that the product used. You wont get a brilliant finish simply thru using expensive products, granted tho it might help.

I use some Meguairs car shampoo, cant remeber which, NXT i think, altho not sure.
                  Also use the claybar, paint restorer, polish and there liquid wax.

To be honest, living where i do, cleaning my car isnt something im able to do very easily, getting parked near my house isnt easy, a hose that reaches is another mare, then theres the hose pipe ban as well, if i had my way i'd be cleaning anything from it almost nightly if i could, but i cant
                  Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                  2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by stevieyid
                    Right my latest line up of cleaning goodies is this:
                    1, Meg's gold class shampoo
                    2, Megs Clay bar
                    3, Megs paint cleaner
                    4, Mothers sealer and glaze
                    5, P21s wax
                    6, Mothers reflections top coat
                    Thats it 80 quid spent i hope the results are worth it. What do u lot think of these products? Only annoying thing looks like its going to rain all weekend
                    Sounds good to me. I am really pleased with the P21s, it will make your S2 look amazing.

Post some pics when you are done.

Cheers,

Steve.
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by iain1067
                      Try flating your paintwork with 1800 grade wet and dry, then using G3 twice and then T cut and finally a couple of coats of polish, btdt last weekend.

Iain
                      You're joking! I know you can do that, but there is no way I would go at my S2 with wet or dry!

Each to their own though.

Cheers,

Steve
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic

Comment

i did the a6 and my S2 last weekend using AG shampoo to wash, quick t-cut all over them megs nxt liquid wax all over......the results on the A6 were amazing, probably due to it being a darker paint than my s2 - the paint looked wet. Was slightly less impressed on my S2 though.....almost seemed to highlight the little lacquer scratches in places - can't argue about application (or smell) its quick and easy and from a few feet away looks great but can't help feeling that on a light coloured car I have equal or better results from AG and mer used in combination with AG gloss over the top...
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

After all the rain this weekend i could not do the full works i had planned to do. But i did manage tonight to give the car a quick wash and to try out the new stuff i got, but only had time to do my bonnet. I have to say the P21s wax is great stuff and is very easy to use. Also a reccomendation is the mothers reflections coat which just gives it that added gloss. Hopefully Saturday i can do the whole car and post pics

Comment

Working...
                          X