Smooth paint..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smooth paint..

There has been alot of talk lately about clay bars and polish and the like .This is a tip to test your paint smoothness,the guys who have clayed there paint should not find any roughness.Take the clear rapper from a cigarette box and put 2 fingers inside and rub over your paint work ,cean the paint first. let us know what it feels like. The smoother the paint the better reflection will be acheived this is why machine polishing is effective at removing contaminates and swirls.
    sigpic

Did any one try this test.steve you must have .
    sigpic

Comment

didnt see this, Ive clay barred mine not that long ago and afterwards the bonnet was unbelievably smooth, the wings felt like sandpaper afterwards.... so the rest of the car got the same treatment lol, nice and smoooooooooooth

Was shocked it was that good actually, just thought it was gonna be more media hype.
      Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by T2Andy
        Did any one try this test.steve you must have .
        Sorry m8 cant do this test any more I gave up smoking but I am sure my one would be good:mischeif: :mischeif:
        sigpic_________
        Rob

Comment

Yes Andy, I have done it! My paint is smooth but is left with swirls and marring

It looks great in most light conditions just not direct sunlight....

Cheers,

Steve.
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
          X