I've ordered a PC from Autopia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've ordered a PC from Autopia

It works out at about £130 delivered with all the pads and a small starter bottle of sonus!

Can't wait to de swirl the Valver, Audi Sport Edition and then Finally the S2

Cheers,

Fatty
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Links? Pics? Was going to get a polisher but these PC things look better!
    Ragusa Coupe gone!
    sigpic
    VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
    VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
    vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Thats cheap for a computer..............sorry but what is a pc in the detailing world
      Alastair
      RS2

Comment

Originally posted by alg View Post
        Thats cheap for a computer..............sorry but what is a pc in the detailing world
        It's for sanding/polishing wood...

Comment

Originally posted by alg View Post

Its the only way to do true defect removal and get rid of the annoying swirls holograms and very fine scratches that plague nearly all cars...

Cheers,

Steve.
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

PC's can be bought here:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/pc-7424.html

I bought this:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-sfxpol-kit.html

These are highly recommend by the guys on detailing world....

www.detailingworld.com

Cheers,

Steve.
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic

Comment

Cool! When i get the S2 all shiny and stone chip free i might get one of these!
              Ragusa Coupe gone!
              sigpic
              VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
              VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
              vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Has it arrived yet Steve?

It'll make the world of difference!

Comment

I've been tempted to buy one of these so many times, but I think I'd like to see it in action before shelling out.
                  acidtrax

Comment

Originally posted by Bibby View Post
                    I've been tempted to buy one of these so many times, but I think I'd like to see it in action before shelling out.
                    Pop over to my unit and have a go!!

We've got 2 in there!

Comment

Hi Coxy

Yes it has! I have only managed to have a quick go on the red valver at the moment, and I don't really have the right materials. I have seen the Mezerna sample set in one of the detailing shops and think that will suit my needs perfectly. I am not really going to have the time to use it a lot, but would like to learn on my golf and the Mrs 80 sport before having a go at the S2.

I am aiming for ADI in October for the full results on the S2...

Cheers,

steve
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic

Comment

I've found the Poorboys stuff excellent to work with.

Spent a good 5 hours over the past few days deswirling this!

Not had the guts to machine it until now, but was a whole lot easier than Audi paint which is an absolute PITA to work on! Put it this way, if you leanr your pc skills on VAG paint and master it, I reckon you can do anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Coxy View Post
                          Pop over to my unit and have a go!!

We've got 2 in there!
                          I will when you're not so busy! You can show me the knack, maybe do my car for me too.
                          acidtrax

Comment

I'll be up there this weekend all being well for a few hours on Saturday morning as we've gotta sort out one of the taps and a plumber I ain't!!!

Saturday's my own time so the phone ain't going every 2 minutes so it'll be largely peaceful for a change! Bring it down and we can do the bonnet and you'll see for yourself the difference!

I'm going to make a start on the Audi 80 LS on Saturday as one of my drivers is bringing it up for me on Friday from Dorset! It's the furthest it's ever gone in 30 years!!!

Comment

Maybe I will. I'm out all night (literally) partying on the Friday, so will be shabby as hell.

Meh.
                              acidtrax

Comment

Working...
                              X