Gotta love colinite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love colinite

I have to say am always super impressed with colinite. I spent a day after i was able to move about again and gave the Treg some attention. Several months on and after having most of the local road throw their mud at the car, a quick wash today, no chamois and it just comes up so nice.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

And today
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
      I have to say am always super impressed with colinite. I spent a day after i was able to move about again and gave the Treg some attention. Several months on and after having most of the local road throw their mud at the car, a quick wash today, no chamois and it just comes up so nice.
      that is impressive. I've got a tin of the stuff brought it several years ago but never have got round to using it yet . Looking at those pics, I will now !!

Comment

That was my go to wax for years and this is why! The first photo looks bloody fantastic! Glad to see you back on your feet David.
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Yeah its good stuff. Doesn't matter where you use it either never causes a problem. That first picture was a jetwash, polar foam and the a mit and bucket. Then a simple t-cut to remove a mass of tar spots then colinite. I was broken after that but the pictures did do it justice
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

476S is my go to wax too - prompted by Steve who gave the outside a good detailing a few years ago. Needs doing again now
            Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. Mine arrived today
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Because of (Fat Audi 80) recommendation a few years back bought a tub and found it excellent stuff.
                96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                94 2.6 80 Avant
                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by curlyks2 View Post
                  476S is my go to wax too - prompted by Steve who gave the outside a good detailing a few years ago. Needs doing again now
                  Really? I thought it lasted years!
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                    Because of (Fat Audi 80) recommendation a few years back bought a tub and found it excellent stuff.
                    Glad to hear I have left a lasting legacy!

P.S. I have moved on since then!
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic

Comment

What product are you using now Steve?

Comment

That was click bait wasn't it!

Autobrite Project 64 Sealant or R222 Concours Wax or Collinite too to be honest ( I still have an old tin!)

Both will obviously benefit from the base paint / clearcoat being polished first then prepped with a good paint cleanser which I use Sonus Paint cleanser or R222 Paint Cleanser. That really is the basis of a great finish. The polish and cleanse does the hard work, Waxes or Sealants cannot really provide the "pop" on their own...

The Perfectionist
                        sigpic

Comment

You got me! I haven't heard of the Autobrite sealant before, I've read good reviews on the R222 Concours wax.
                          I'll order these on the strength of your recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post

Glad to hear I have left a lasting legacy!

P.S. I have moved on since then!

So have i, using AG high definition wax now.
                            Still rate the Collinite though and have loads of it left.

Another recommendation on here 5 years go or so was,.......

Did a great job for me, extremely easy to wash brake dust of afterwards. Any good still?
                            Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 21 December 2020, 21:42.
                            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                            96 URS6 plus speck estate
                            94 2.6 80 Avant
                            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                              You got me! I haven't heard of the Autobrite sealant before, I've read good reviews on the R222 Concours wax.
                              I'll order these on the strength of your recommendation.
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X