Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Detailers..

Guys i am trying to do a bit of cleaning seeing as the sun is out

I cant seem to get this plastic trim clean for love nor money.....

I have tried,
    Hot soapy water
    Vanish
    Kitchen cleaner
    AG vyln and rubber cleaner
    green kitchen pad (a little ruff)

Any tips would be great cheers James

This is what i am trying to clean, the plastic souround
    Chef

hi ya james try watered down truck wash matey

Comment

Originally posted by nip View Post
      hi ya james try watered down truck wash matey
      Cheers Nip, where the blazzers do i get hold of that?
      Chef

Comment

Hi James.

When you say "clean" I am presuming it is already clean (a wipe down with fairy liquid would be your best bet initially), or are you asking how to restore the shine to it?

I have never really taken much notice of mine as I think it is already clean.

My advice would be to stay away from anything abrasive and your kitchen cleaners and use some AG bumper care. That seems to work for all things plastic....

HTH

Cheers,

Steve
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
          Cheers Nip, where the blazzers do i get hold of that?
          Yep, TFR (or Traffic Film Remover). If that doesn't shift it nothing will!
          Some Motor Factors stock it and Machine Mart usually has it in stock.

Dilute it 10 parts water to 1 part TFR to start with.

Comment

@Steve its got surface dirt on it a few black bits where people have had there gruby fingers on it. I am thinking i just need to get those off it and give it a wipe over with some AG bumper care, but they wont come off....
            Chef

Comment

hi james if u cant get any, r u going to mrc on the 24th? if so il try to remember to bring some with me

Comment

best way to make black plastic look really clean is boot polish although try to get most of it back off as you will end up with it everywhere ...

Comment

Originally posted by pixsaudisex2 View Post
                  best way to make black plastic look really clean is boot polish although try to get most of it back off as you will end up with it everywhere ...
                  Its cream(ish) in the picture But yes i can see how some boot polish would work on black bumpers
                  Chef

Comment

yep tfr in a spray bottle and a nail brush to get into the grooves will do the job
                    94 s2 avant
                    aoc member 1116

Comment

Use G101 BY Auto Smart you might find it on the Bay ,just be careful with some TFRs
                      it can make some plastics go white ,G101 is safe on most things great for headlinings.
                      Dilute as nessasery.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by T2Andy View Post
                        Use G101 BY Auto Smart you might find it on the Bay ,just be careful with some TFRs
                        it can make some plastics go white ,G101 is safe on most things great for headlinings.
                        Dilute as nessasery.

paint thinners will take the marks off, agree with Andy, G101 is good stuff (though I dunno if it might just make the mark/stains shiney, I use it neat and it's still safe,) you could try the old hairdryer trick ( low setting) to get it back to black if that's what you're looking for ?

HTH

Comment

TFR used to be readily available at the local PARTCO and should be a branch near you, its all i used for interiors when i was a valeter. That was 10 years ago now though
                          Ragusa Coupe gone!
                          sigpic
                          VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
                          VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
                          vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Just done this myself, I use an old remedy of a product called Quick N Brite. It is a biodegradable concentrated cleaner, comes in a really small tub for about £5. Just dabbed it on with a small damp sponge (like the ones you clean your pots with, green srubby stuff on one side) and rubbed it all away, brill results........
                            Dark Grey Avant
                            RS2 FARB
                            Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
                            Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Couple of bits on the bay that may help,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Plexus-Plastic...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SOUDAL-I-LITRE...QQcmdZViewItem
                              Dark Grey Avant
                              RS2 FARB
                              Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
                              Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Working...
                              X