Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 80 Sport and S2...

Hi Guys,

Here are my Audi Twins that have had a good seeing to over the last couple of days.

I completed the S2 on Thursday night before putting it back in its den ready for a sunny sunday blat.

The S2 is a show car / weekend car so rarely needs more that a TBM wash, a waffle weave towel dry with Megs LT, some Megs trim detailer on the the black bits and Megs Endurance Tyre gel on the... Tyres!

The 1991 '80 "Sport Edition" was produced at the end of the production run of the Type 89 and has a factory fitted Kamei front and rear body kit, lowered suspension and the full sport pack.

I have owned the car for about 6 months and although it has been treated to AG SRP and EGP it has a lot of swirls and marks and needed a machine polish.

This morning the car was washed then dried with a waffle weave and some Megs LT. The whole car was then clayed with a Megs Smooth Surface kit and lubrictated with Megs LT mixed 50:50 with some purifed water.

Next the car was taped up and polished with a PC using a Sonus 6" cutting pad an Menzerna P085RD.

The car was then treated to some AG EGP and left for two hours to cure. Once buffed off the plastic trim was fed with AG Bumper care and the tyres finished with Turtlewax Extreme Tyre Gel (try it )

Thanks for looking... :buffer:

Here are the Pics. (Sorry no before's...)

The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Hey Fatty, Blue one looks gorgeous the red one looks cute, but really not sure about the pink one

Cheers n

Si
      95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
      Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
      With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

The "Blue" one is Amethyst Pearl the Red one is classic but not clean and the "Pink" one is my Wife's and still needs the Speedline alloys on it to make it right!

Cheers,

Fatty.
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic

Comment

absolutely stunning! nice work
          Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by CliveH View Post
            absolutely stunning! nice work
            Thanks matey, I do my best to inject some wit into the forum and just couldn't resist laughing at Fatty's pink-mobile (wifes indeed )

Cheers n

Si
            95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
            Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
            With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

It's cool okay!
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic

Comment

80 Sport.

Agreed, the 80 needs the Speedlines.

Cant wait to get my full Kamei kit on my 90, bumpers, sills and arch extensions.
                Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

They look the nuts! Makes the hard work worthwhile.
                  Chris
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

is that a get a last polish in before the wee one arrives

Look fantastic as always.....becoming a dab hand with the PC then!

Cheers
                    David
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I know where there are 2 new Speedlines, they are absolutely mint (still boxed) the problem is though you would never find or refurbish another pair to match them but I can point you in the direction of them Steve.
                      Corey
                      01636 822288

Comment

Thanks Corey, IIRC Vagparts quoted me for new ones. I think they can still get hold of them! They were over £150 each though!

I have 4 scabby ones which I have determined to have refurbed now, to get the car looking "right" finally.

Thanks for the offer though.

Cheers,

Steve.
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic

Comment

audi speedlines

have 5 original audi 80 sports edition speedline studded alloys all with good tyres,would consider a straight swop for a set of 5 spokes with good tryes!!! the wheels need a refurb (except the spare) but are good for some one looking for original parts!!! here is a pic so you can see wot i mean!!
                          also my front windows havent worked for a couple of months now...the were being tempermental but have stopped working completely now......any one know wot could have caused this and how to fix it??
                          would consider selling the car for the right price also.......!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Speedlines

I have just taken 4 Speedline alloys off my Coupe yesterday. They have reasonable tyres on them and need a good clean & touch up/re-furb which I'm planning to do this afternoon (well the good clean bit anyway).

They are currently residing in Bristol and you can have them for free if you want? Can post more details if anyone is interested.

Speedline 4-Stud 7JX15H2 ET37 offset Fitted with Goodyear Eagle NCT 5's 205/60R15 91V All tyres have 3 to 4mm of tread left but two have scrubbed edges.

I bought new R17" wheels and Tyres so I have no intention of spending money re-furbing these R15" wheels. Thought someone might have a better use for them?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by thethinningbeast; 19 August 2007, 11:51.

Comment

Nice cars steve, I will have to admit I like the colour of the sport a hell of a lot, its different to most i've seen, glad to see you've still got time to enjoy the cars and get them looking the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X