Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Golf GTI Pirelli Edition

All,

Just a quick one, showing off the final work on the new motor. Took delivery of it 2 weeks ago but with starting a new job and my dog going off I didn't get chance to give it the once over.

The motor is a 2008 '58 Pirelli Edition Golf GTI, with DSG gearbox. Not much in the way of extras, but the usual stuff applies - heated half leather seats, dual-zone climate control, 18" Ronal wheels...

The work done - wheels were removed, cleaned inside and out with Bilberry, clayed, Jeff's Strong was applied by PC and 4" pad, and then they were sealed with Poorboy's Wheel Sealant. The arches were cleaned with APC diluted 10:1 and an old sponge, along with all suspension components. They were then dressed with Meguiar's Hyper Dressing diluted 3:1.

The bodywork was washed with a mix of Meguiars Hyper Wash and Shampoo Plus, and then rinsed, clayed with Sonus Green, then washed again. The car was then dried and polished with Menzerna Final Finish on a 6" 3M Orange pad.

Following this, I applied Blackfire Midnight Sun by hand to all panels and glass, including doorshuts.

The tyres were dressed with Blackfire Long Life Tyre Gel, and the exhaust polished with #00 wire wool and Meguiars NXT Metal Polish. To top it off the inside was wiped down with Meguiars Last Touch on a cloth, and then the mats given a squirt of Auto Glym Autofresh.

I'm pleased with the results... Sorry I didn't get any WIP photos, it wasn't really that much of a state, just a little dirty.

Thanks for Looking!

nice
    ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
    THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Working...
    X