Bagss2's Passat detailed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagss2's Passat detailed

Paul took up my offer of a detail and came down on Saturday morning for me to make a start on what turned out to be a huge challenge (quite literally, it was bigger than I imagined!)
    At a first glance it didnt look too bad.... considering it is only 3 years old:

First I washed it to degrease and remove any wax (Paul said it definitly didnt have any on!), then clayed it and removed any tar spots. Billbery was used on the wheels.
    As the sun was hiding, I got the spot light on it, and it soon revealed the fruits of the local 5 quid hand car wash that Paul confessed to using since he got the car!
    The whole car was covered in a milky haze, and a serious amount of light scratches/swirls!

I used a Sonus pad with Megs #83, and was rather impressed with the result.
    Various 50/50 and before/after shots:

After polishing it had another wash with AG body shampoo & conditioner, then applied AG Ultra Deep Shine, and a final coat of Collinite 486 to seal it all in for the winter.

AG Bumper care for the black trim and tailgate opening trim, and some AG metal polish on the roof bars and side trims. Turtle Wax Extreme tyre gel, and AG Fast glass to finish.
    13 hours of work later, and it was sitting ready for Paul to arrive.
    I was impressed with how well it came up, you could now see the silver glitter in the paint which was no where to be seen before hand!!

Some finished shots:

Mmmmm nice results.

What's the going rate for this kinda spruce up?
    1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Thanks
      I posted a couple of weeks ago offering a detail for £100 if people were quick!

Comment

the car became stunning,
        but the wheels! wtf? are they the same

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

Eh?! The wheels were done too!! I forgot to take an "after" shot though, so it is cropped from a full image, just for you lol!

Comment

yes i understood that they were the same but really huge difference

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

I really can't praise - or thank - Martyn (Dest) enough!!

The car looks absolutely mint - like / better than new!!

If you're interested in 'getting properly shiny' I'd thoroughly recommend you make contact with him. As well as being a really nice bloke, he treats your car like it's his own while it is with him - I couldn't ask for more...

Obviously neither of us expected it to take 13 hours (2 days instead of 1 day!) but it was Martyn that wanted to make sure it was done right...

Because of the extra work, I saw him right, worth every penny!!

Cheers, Baggers.

Comment

Thanks mate, Im glad you are happy with it, thats the main thing!

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post
                  Thanks mate, Im glad you are happy with it, thats the main thing!
                  ...happy as a Pig in Sh*t!! lol

Comment

that would add lots to resale value if done before advertising a car.
                    I ve never gone to those lengths, but have found a proper clean can add a few £100s quite easily( i ve tripled money on some cars just for cleaning them!)

Comment

Working...
                    X