bird sh*t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bird sh*t

hi gents is their anything i can use in the way of polish to stop bird sh*t burning my paint on my s2?.

paul

Originally posted by vader s2 View Post
    hi gents is their anything i can use in the way of polish to stop bird sh*t burning my paint on my s2?.

paul
    Hmmm.... Not that I've found... Best option is wash off ASAP... Was the car resprayed around the late 90's, 2000's ish... 1997/2003, say?

Just a thought.
    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

You need a good wax to protect it such as Collinite 476 or equivalent. DO NOT let it settle. Get it off as quick as possible, it can be very acidic.

If you have bird 5hit etchings, that is another subject in itself for removal instructions....

Cheers,

Steve
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
        You need a good wax to protect it such as Collinite 476 or equivalent. DO NOT let it settle. Get it off as quick as possible, it can be very acidic.

If you have bird 5hit etchings, that is another subject in itself for removal instructions....

Cheers,

Steve
        yes you are bang on both my cars got hit .and both are black which shows out more
        i have a a3 which only came out of the spray shop today it was covered with bird 5hit
        etchings most came out but i now need to protect it now will collinite 476 work?

paul

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
          Hmmm.... Not that I've found... Best option is wash off ASAP... Was the car resprayed around the late 90's, 2000's ish... 1997/2003, say?

Just a thought.

yes my s2 was resprayed but it was 2006 and again in 2008 does that make it worse? ian

paul

Comment

Originally posted by vader s2 View Post
            yes you are bang on both my cars got hit .and both are black which shows out more
            i have a a3 which only came out of the spray shop today it was covered with bird 5hit
            etchings most came out but i now need to protect it now will collinite 476 work?

paul
            This wax will protect the car really well, but you still need to remove the bird doodoo as soon as possible.

If you haven't used a really good wax before you won't know what you are missing. It makes cleaning the car again a doddle and a few coats of collinite will give months of protection.

Cheers,

Steve
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
              This wax will protect the car really well, but you still need to remove the bird doodoo as soon as possible.

If you haven't used a really good wax before you won't know what you are missing. It makes cleaning the car again a doddle and a few coats of collinite will give months of protection.

Cheers,

Steve
              thanks for the heads up steve. got the collinite

paul

Comment

I don't think the respray paint or lacquer is ever as hard as the factory coat.
                85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

an air rifle would help, it might not stop it all together but it'll make you feel better

Comment

Hard to believe but kinda makes sense, since you never see a hole in the paint
                    http://www.autotechblog.org/bird-droppings-car-paint

Comment

Originally posted by DS2 View Post
                      Hard to believe but kinda makes sense, since you never see a hole in the paint
                      http://www.autotechblog.org/bird-droppings-car-paint

interesting read

Comment

Working...
                      X