Shiny Corrado + S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiny Corrado + S2

Got round to detailing my Corrado over the weekend, starting to look pretty good. Got a couple of blow in's to do then I'll give it a final cut and polish.

A couple more and some of the S2 after a good polish.

Attached Files
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Looking good mate!!
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Cheers James.

Did the Golf as well, but that got dirty before I got a chance to take any pic's.

Slow going polishing with duff ribs.

Attached Files

Comment

looking good fella .

Comment

Forgot to add.

Been to the Worcester DLVA today with all the doc's and a cheque. The Corrado will have number plates and tax by the end of the week. Hope they give me a nice number

Comment

Not a bad little collection there mate!!!!!

Comment

Thanks mate

I'm rather pleased with it myself. Officially the Corrado is only "an investment" and is to be sold once I sort the body work and give it a major service including a charger rebuild.

However I can see it being a longer term investment

Comment

i loved my G60. 65mm pulley red tops front mount 2.5 exhaust.

are you building the charger yourself. saves lots of money.

check the o2 sensor and the engine mounts. G60's snap the front mount easily this leads to broken 02 wires.

Comment

Yeah dam right I'm rebuilding the 'G-ladder' myself, it's not hard as long as the unit hasn't failed. As you say, save a lot of money!!

My list is,

Charger rebuild.
                  Cam-belt.
                  Main ribbed belt.
                  New Lambda.
                  New coolant.
                  New brake fluid.
                  Sump off and strainer checked.
                  Oil and filter.

It's recently had, all OE

Oil+filter.
                  Air filter.
                  Fuel filter.
                  Plug leads.
                  Dissy cap.
                  Rotor arm.
                  Plugs.
                  Front brake pads.
                  A pair of asymmetric Pirelli's in the correct 185/55/15 V size.

I'm also going to do the head gasket as a matter of course as with it all stripped down to do the other jobs I'm over halfway there anyway. It is 22 years old so it's on borrowed time IMO. Going to use a high quality steel replacement, change the stem seals and regrind in the valves for good measure.

Thanks for the heads up on the front engine mount, all ready BTDT on my previous G60

This one has had a very easy life, an elderly Doctor was the first owner followed by the couple I purchased it from who are VERY careful with their vehicals. I service their 05 Passat estate, recently they refused to drive the car as the rear wiper wasn't working. Had to fix it for them before they could drive to Heathrow. Now that's careful!!!!

I'm not modding this car at all, going to go for a concourse level of finish and detail. It's only done 65K miles and has been serviced every 5K miles by the dealer who sold it new. They did a cam belt on it a few years ago but it's due another as I change the ones on my own cars every Five/Six years regardless of mileage. It drives like new, by far the best Corrado I've driven.

She just need some easy body work doing well and the major service items attending to.

Going to cost me less than 1500 on the road with all that done, not counting my labour of course.
                  Last edited by K Simmonds; 6 March 2012, 17:09.

Comment

Loving the original Corrado... I want a VR6 track car but then I want a lot of track cars Will have to have a look sometime I fancy an extended random drive
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I think you have my 3 favourite cars! Especially the 16v golf always fancied one, a few of my mates had them back in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by simon20vq View Post
                        I think you have my 3 favourite cars! Especially the 16v golf always fancied one, a few of my mates had them back in the 90's.

Then get a 16V Golf, trust me you'll love it and their not getting any cheaper so now's the time to bag one.

I don't miss my old 2.3 Coupe one bit. The Golf does over 40MPG on a run and if you want you can almost drive it like you would ride a sports bike and overtake anywhere (within reason!!!). Fuel consumption does suffer when in 'sport mode', also it's hard not to end up in 'sport mode'.

To be honest if I could wish for three practical sports cars from this era then my wish has come true. The S2 will be practical, sort of.

I would like an E30 M3, a Merc Cosworth and an Intergrale as well to complete my dream early late 80's/early 90's garage. Can't see myself picking any of those up soon though.

Andy, your always welcome to drop in just give me 24hrs notice, some good roads round my way for a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                          Loving the original Corrado... I want a VR6 track car but then I want a lot of track cars Will have to have a look sometime I fancy an extended random drive
                          Andy, I've had both VR6 and G60 Corrados and would chose the G60 hand over fist as a track car. My previous LHD G60 came from Germany via the forces and had some sort of chip/pully combo fitted in the fatherland, was putting out just shy of 200 BHP. Handled much better than the VR and was faster as long as I used the gears to keep the charger spinning. They sound feckin awesome to boot, lovely whine from the charger and a nice deep exhaust note, quite unique really.

If you come up to visit we should go for a blast/photo session up around the Elan valley, stunning part of the country, and 1/2 an hour away from my workshop.
                          Last edited by K Simmonds; 6 March 2012, 17:28. Reason: More info

Comment

Very nice!
                            I have always loved Corrados and I'm presently looking for a clean Mk1/Mk2 Golf. Great choice of cars and they all look well
                            91 Modded 3B
                            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Got my Tax disc and Reg No in the post today, not bad considering I only handed the documents in on Monday afternoon. Nice one DVLA!!!

Got my plates made up by my local factors this afternoon.

So I'm all legal. 1990 Corrado G60, H578 AAB is now officially at large on the UK road network.
                              Last edited by K Simmonds; 7 March 2012, 19:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X