Leather Refurbishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Refurbishment

I was finally encouraged by some links on this site to have a go at improving the look of the leather of the seats in my RS2. I had previously used leather cream on them, but the colour on some parts of the leather colour had completely faded or warn off. So these are the pictures prior to the treatment:

I bought the Liquid Leather Scuffmaster Recolouring Kit from Gliptone. The kit comes with both a leather cleaner, cream, degreaser and the required dye for the RS2.

So here are some pictures after applying the leather cleaner, cream and degreaser. I almost decided to stop the process after applying the cleaner and cream, as the leather looked so much better. After applying the degreaser some of the existing colour was completely removed, although the general condition was much better.

So here are some pictures after applying the dye and I got carried away and did the steering wheel and gear shift as well. I am really pleased with the results.

Was that the RS2 colour kit? if so thanks for the information I have the restore kit but if the RS2 colour is a match which it looks like then I will get that for the whole interior

Comment

That looks great. What did the kit cost?
      1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
      1995 Audi RS2

Comment

That looks great, what were you using to apply all the products? Also does anyone know if coupe recaros are the same colour as these?
        96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
        96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Good job, I can see that you used a sponge, did you use any top coat otherwise the color will fade away im afraid... I did recolor both my front seat in the UrS6...
          1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
          2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
          2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
          2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

I used the RS2 colour kit from them and I would say it's fairly good match. As I understand it, the official leather colour is anthracite. I bought the Liquid Leather Scuffmaster Recolouring Kit 500ml kit for £64.5, which would easily do the whole car and I reckon you would have plenty to spare. The kit includes everything you need and is probably the cheapest option.

The seat got one coat of the dye, which I mixed with the gloss enhancer that they provide. Both the steering and the gear shift got 2 coats. I would definitely have done the seat with 2 coats. So far none of the dye has come off and I am not sure it will. I think the use of the degreaser prior to the application of the dye ensures none of the dye should come off.

Good spot regarding the sponge, I used a Meguiars applicator, which worked well in my opinion, but not well enough as you have spotted it!

Comment

Just spotted that because i redid both my seat aswell... gonna post my DIY leather repair as some forum members was interrested how I did.
              1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
              2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
              2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Wonder ifthey do cream leather stuff ?

Comment

Working...
                X