A4 phantom black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4 phantom black

Been busy over the last couple days, had a mates A4 Phantom Black come to me for a full paint correction.
    car is very well maintained but still had the usual RDS's, swirls, marring etc so got to work on it in the amazing weather we had last week

first off the car was rinsed then a TFR was applied to strip any protection that he had on the car, all gaps, door jams, badges were aggitated with G101 and a detailing brush
    the car was then washed the ususal 2 bucket method and then tardis applied to the lowers and wiped with a cloth to remove most of the tar etc before claying
    obviously then it was clayed and washed again then dried.

once inside the car was taped up and i got to work on it. i only have a few pics of a couple of panels but you get the idea of what was acheived with the paint

inside the number plate recess before

After correction

Boot

After

Nice bit of reflection

This was just a sneaky way to get a pic of my baby in the reflection of the boot lid lol

Rear Quarter

couple of randoms now

once paint was sorted it was pressure washed to remove polishing dust then pat dried ready for the application of Poorboys Black hole
    and then Zymol Glasur.

couple of finished pics

We all know how street lights show defects, well not anymore

beading properties

pictures dont do it justice as its on my iphone but the car looked good enough to lick lol

thanks for looking

Big G
    B5 S4, MRC map, de cat turbo back toyo downpipes XS dual 2.5 cat back, BBS CH's, Eibach pro street S coilovers, B5 RS4 front brakes 360mm predator pads. 340hp 390-400lb ft

Originally posted by s4twiggy View Post
    Been busy over the last couple days, had a mates A4 Phantom Black come to me for a full paint correction.
    car is very well maintained but still had the usual RDS's, swirls, marring etc so got to work on it in the amazing weather we had last week

first off the car was rinsed then a TFR was applied to strip any protection that he had on the car, all gaps, door jams, badges were aggitated with G101 and a detailing brush
    the car was then washed the ususal 2 bucket method and then tardis applied to the lowers and wiped with a cloth to remove most of the tar etc before claying
    obviously then it was clayed and washed again then dried.

once inside the car was taped up and i got to work on it. i only have a few pics of a couple of panels but you get the idea of what was acheived with the paint

inside the number plate recess before

After correction

Boot

After

Nice bit of reflection

This was just a sneaky way to get a pic of my baby in the reflection of the boot lid lol

Rear Quarter

couple of randoms now

once paint was sorted it was pressure washed to remove polishing dust then pat dried ready for the application of Poorboys Black hole
    and then Zymol Glasur.

couple of finished pics

We all know how street lights show defects, well not anymore

beading properties

pictures dont do it justice as its on my iphone but the car looked good enough to lick lol

thanks for looking

Big G
    Very nice

Comment

Wow! Good enough to lick is about right
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Great results! What polisher and what compound did you use?
        96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
        96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Lovely job!
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Cheers lads

Rotary polisher, lake country ccs yellow cuttin pad, wool pad, medium cutting pad, refining pad
            Menzerna FG500
            Menzerns PF2500(85RD 3.02)
            Menzerna 85RD(final finish)
            poor boys black hole
            Zymol glasur wax
            B5 S4, MRC map, de cat turbo back toyo downpipes XS dual 2.5 cat back, BBS CH's, Eibach pro street S coilovers, B5 RS4 front brakes 360mm predator pads. 340hp 390-400lb ft

Comment

Thanks for the info, nice job again, it can be hard work detailing black paint.
              96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
              96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Cheers mate

The colour is not the problem it's that Audi VAG.paint is rock hard compared to you jap paint or ford paint, lucky being a certified detailer I've worked on many cars and paints and always Audi is harder to correct but easily done

Comment

Working...
                X