Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what to clean plastics and rubbers for exterior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to clean plastics and rubbers for exterior?

what could i use that is not crap silicone that runs when it rains, to clean dull, or whitened window runners and plastic/rubber trims? Rear numberplate surround etc

1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Originally posted by Sleeper_Avant View Post
    what could i use that is not crap silicone that runs when it rains, to clean dull, or whitened window runners and plastic/rubber trims? Rear numberplate surround etc

T-Cut trim black (liquid polish, works wonders)
    Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

Originally posted by poor-boy View Post
      T-Cut trim black (liquid polish, works wonders)
      Halfords vinyl paint for plastic trim, I've used it on bumper trim and numberplate surround and so far after six months it still looks like new

Comment

I have been trying to find a good way of bring some of the colour back. I have tried a couple of approaches.

I used UPVC restorer on the bumper plastics first, this left some residue but did restore the black quite well. Then had to give it a good clean again then used AutoGlym vinyl and rubber care and seems to have come up quite well.
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I recomend MER CAR CARE BUMPER & EXTERNAL VINYL CLEANING GEL, it is also a clear gel so it does not run black streaks when it rains. I had my bottle for a couple of years and seems to last for ever. Think it came out top in autocar test they did over a period of a few months, reason I got it in the first place.
          1991 Audi S2 Coupe

Comment

Excelent suggestions there!

thankyou
            1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
            1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
            BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

Working...
            X