Valve cover color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve cover color

I was thinking to paint my valve cover,it had upgradet coils (red)so i dont use "20 v turbo" cover
    What u think guys which color would sit nice?

Depends on the colour of your car, on my silver car I had them painted a very nice looking grey colour (powder coated though)
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

The car is curently in paint shop,color of car will be Daytona grey

Comment

Black or grey
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I went a kind of gun metal, which I think looks cool without being flashy.

Comment

Aluminium silver for subtle OEM stealth coolness
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Daytona is a great choice for the car at least

Comment

I did Gunmetal. Against the chrome charge pipe and black Samcos it looks good.

Comment

That sounds really nice Chris. Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                    That sounds really nice Chris. Pics?
                    Hi Tom, I have just looked in my album and dont appear to have any at the mo so I will try to take one and upload it over the next few days. I have the coil conversion so havent put the cover back on despite having it done with a polished 20valve logo

I had the powder coating all done before I realised the coils needed sorting so went for the upgrade

Comment

Why not machine some vents in the cover and space it so it sits higher and heat can get out.

Comment

Im goign to bud but time and money are all factors of why it hasnt been done so far lol. I was going to get Ish to sort it when i get the money together.

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                          Why not machine some vents in the cover and space it so it sits higher and heat can get out.
                          Hi,

There are some covers which replace the factory coil cover which allow cooling to the coils.... Have seen at least two version, nicely cut from stainless steel, take a look on German ebay

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Zundspulen-De...item20e07c4d9b

I am considering the conversion myself and did not like the idea of leaving the opening uncovered....

PAUL

Comment

I still cant decide what color to take i belive at end i will go stock color

Comment

All of these can look good, dark grey,gun metal anodising a favorite of mine on a centrepin but think Stock OEM colour best and preferably Not painted but viper blasted for the factory freshness of 20 odd years ago.Nice:IMHO But have to admit some special finishes can look tastefull.

Impressive Engineering of the tool makers art,even the screws are handmade on this 100% handmade Centrepin
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 12 March 2014, 17:20.
                              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                              96 URS6 plus speck estate
                              94 2.6 80 Avant
                              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
                              X