No announcement yet.

Car Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a polishing thing, there was pics of someones on there somewhere, some older design everyone thought was cool LOL

bit like an angle grinder but with a polishing disc lol
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

PC also means Politically correct. I you now have to call short people 'vertically challenged' and crap like that! LOL.

Can someone please explain what 'When washing the Car' means? I think this is what happens to mine once a year or so. I get terribly confused with this non-engineering stuff. Should it be done regularly? Will it make my car go faster? Why is it done? Can it be done cheaply?

Meguires is top notch stuff BTW..always rated highly in mag tests when compared with other products.
      1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
      Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

LOL, makes the car go faster as there is less air resistance over the smooth shiney finish over the shell

Get a woman to do it... they do it very well ive found in the past lolol
        Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I let my lady wash mine. She does a grand job. I love that white t-shirt she wears!
          SS

Comment

LOL, my ex used to do mine in the summer in her bikini, i used to sit on the lawn and watch LMAO!!!!!
            Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Those stubborn spots are especially good!
              SS

Comment

especially when they have to scrub really hard ....... boobs bouncin and swayin about LOL

roll on summer!!!
                Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Hey Beetie, our nearest stockists are K.tee in Sth wiggy or B.M.S. (if you want to be overcharged!)
                  A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Originally posted by A6 AVANT
                    Hey Beetie, our nearest stockists are K.tee in Sth wiggy or B.M.S. (if you want to be overcharged!)
                    Im sure i can pop to the head office in Daventry on my way through!
                    Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

I started to use Maxolene for car cleaning and finish. Swiss product line for shops and car cosmetics but available online too, and through distributors. In Germany, though, Petzoldts Liquid Glass is the hit, comes with a range of scratch smoothers and inner cleaners. All takes time, so IMHO the best is to go down to the garage with a bottle of beer when the missus goes into the regular quarrel epizode...
                      Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Just read that Meguiars will be available from Halfords as from 7.2.2005.

24 products will be available
                        Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                        S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Anybody done a comparison of Autoglym against Meguiars? I am almost exclusively using Autoglym now and the products seem to work very well and are reasonable value for money. Is Meguiars better or worse? Will I notice any difference if I change??

Cheers,

Steve.
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic
                          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I havent done a back to back comparison, but after reading a few websites the Meg stuff seems to be about the best, with more products available.
                            sigpic
                            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                            Audi UR Quattro
                            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

never ventured much further than autoglym.....combine that with some mer and she come up a treat
                              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I would strongly recommend the Meguiars stuff. Autoglym is good but Meguiars does appear to be better and generally much easier to use.
                                Try the NXT Tech wax it is really excellent, easy to use, doesn't leave a powder residue and adds a lot of depth. Believe me you are unlikely to go back to using Autoglym.

There are lots of places you can get it online, you could try here
                                Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2
                                Sprint Blue RS4 - new toy :mischeif:

Comment

Working...
                                X