Cleaning Roof Lining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Roof Lining

Anyone have any tips for this? The car has been standing for a while. I can vacuum off the dust, but I was wondering if there is a treatment to revitalise the material. Thanks
    '91 3B Coupe

Dont get it too damp or it peels off

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
      Dont get it too damp or it peels off
      Maybe a dry powder cleaning agent?
      '91 3B Coupe

Comment

tried a few things on it and to be honest nothing has been particularly great. they are at an age now where it it is still well stuck to the backboard, I wouldn't touch it or it will likely peel away and sag. If it is really seen better days, you would be best advised to get it out and recovered which there is a great how to on here or give to a good interior trimmer and they will make it as good as new.
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Soft bristle brush, spray a neutral fabric cleaner directly on to the brush and gently agitate the headlining. After this you can soak up any dampness from the headlining using a microfibre cloth, however be gentle and blot instead of wiping down
          1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Thanks for the help and advice. I will vacuum carefully at first, and see what the results are like, then brush/fabric cleaner as suggested if necessary on any spots remaining, taking care to keep it as dry as possible.
            '91 3B Coupe

Comment

Dont use any kind of wet cleaning products on your headlining, mine was a fine non sagging but dirty ecru cloth one that i used Autoglym foam interior shampoo on, came up lovely!. That was until this summer when it came away from the board all over espcially in the areas i concentrated on with the shampoo. Had the joys of recovering it which peed me off as it was in good nick before hand.

Comment

Working...
              X