Silicon Carbide Ceramic Coating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicon Carbide Ceramic Coating.

Anyone have any experience of "Liquid Elements" Shield Silicon Carbide Ceramic Coating ?
    Was speaking with a local chap who offers this, he has a valeting/detailing business.
    My CQ suffers a bit from the Tornado Red to Pink disease and am thinking the above would help?......anyone.
    Cheers.

They are very good products, I can vouch for them as I do this sort of work locally

As a detailer, he will obviously be polishing the paint up first. The coating will take care of that hard work
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
      They are very good products, I can vouch for them as I do this sort of work locally

As a detailer, he will obviously be polishing the paint up first. The coating will take care of that hard work
      ........and would you say it's a good way to postpone a respray?.........could it even be described as a substitute for a respray?

Comment

Respray won't be necessary I would say, you will be quite surprised by the results if you take care of it well enough
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Ok thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
            Respray won't be necessary I would say, you will be quite surprised by the results if you take care of it well enough
            VERY VERY PLEASED. I wish I'd had this done before now. The paintwork is like new.

Comment

Does it look permanently wet John? ,( in a good way ) as it does look superb
              sigpic
              Cab 2.3E
              90q
              URS6

Comment

Originally posted by slacky View Post
                Does it look permanently wet John? ,( in a good way ) as it does look superb
                Not quite the same look as a wet car but not far off it. I've tried over the years to keep the paint looking good and I thought it did look pretty good......but couldn't believe what I saw when I went to collect the car.

Comment

Wow John that's looking damn good the paintwork looks brand new not surprised your happy with that

Comment

you can use any type of sealer, it´s all about machine polishing the paint Before... have tried 1k Product, 2k Products and even Ceramic Pro, but I still prefer 1k Products as it´s the quickest way and cheapest, brand: Fireglase and use a good shampoo with alot of wax to it like Solvynol Premium Gold or similair...
                    1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
                    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
                    2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
                    2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Impressive stuff. How does it work, how do you apply it and how long does it last?
                      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                        Impressive stuff. How does it work, how do you apply it and how long does it last?
                        Maybe Rynaqui can advise, I'm hoping the coating will save the paint pigment fading for at least a year??..........optimistic??........time will tell!

Comment

Most coatings generally come in a 30ml-60ml bottle so is generally a one time use for a single car.

This is applied pretty much like any other product but with a set of guidelines to be followed.

For example, the paint should be smooth to the touch, free of contaminants and if possible corrected so any imperfections, scratches and oxidation is removed. The more refined the paint is, the better it is for the product to adhere to the paint and the longer it will last and will also perform better!

I apply an IGL coating (2 stage - 2 bottles) in this method:

Prep paint and perform correction stages 2-3 different polishing stages.

Remove polishing oils from the surface to get the car ready for a coating application.

Apply the first coat (general waiting time of 5-10 minutes depending on temperatures for it to cure).

Apply the second coat four hours later, this is the tricky bit. Work in small sections, half panels at a time and wait 30 seconds to a minute for the coating to haze over and remove immediately to prevent "high spots". These will be areas where the coating will have bonded in such a way that the left over residue cannot be removed.

Then the full bond between coating and paint will be ready in normally 5 days, during such a period no washing should be performed.

Ofcourse each product is different so not every manufacturer will have the same set of guidelines for application but this is the general idea
                          1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

What's the typical cost of having this treatment applied?
                            91 Modded 3B
                            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Not sure in the UK but prices vary there depending who you got to I'm sure..

An IGL coating (Kenzo) with 4 year warranty would cost 300 for the coating itself besides the treatment and prep which I charge 500 euro and upwards for depending on the size and condition of the car.

I'm sure UK prices are a bit different.
                              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
                              X