Audi Coupe engine wash and interior cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi Coupe engine wash and interior cleaning

so i was planning on doing a engine wash to my 2.6 coupe any tips from people who done it before what should i cover up and look out for ? also i have these nasty dirt spots on my trunk and front seats any tips how would i get those off too

Wash engine when it's cold and rinse it properly. No need to cover anything just don't spray too much on electronic parts. After washing start it and let to warm up.

Comment

Cloth seats and boot carpets can easily be removed and pressure washed, works wonders and will make them look like new. Give them a light soaking so that they are damp then spray on some sort of fabric cleaner, pay particular attention to any stains, if their heavy and old scrub these areas with a soft upholtory brush. Let them soak for half hour then give them another going over with fabric cleaner, time to start washing.

Starting from the top rinse them off using a sensible amount of pressure, how close to hold the nozzle will depend on how much power the washer has, 30-40cm is normally about right. But start far away and move in until you find the sweet spot, you'll see what I mean.

Put them in the sun and they'll be dry in a couple of days and transformed.

Obviously don't pressure wash leather or half leather seats!

The engine can be done cold, however for best results apply a degreasing product like Gunk to a warm (not roasting hot) engine as the crude will be softened by heat. Let it soak for ten min's and agitate any bit's you can get at with a stiff narrow paint brush or even a brass wire one. Give it another quick spraying with your chosen degreasing agent before blasting the crap off, again start from the top. DO NOT jet wash certain electronic components at close range, for instance the coil packs and plug leas.

After ensuring the air in-take is dry start the engine as soon as possible and let it tick over, if you have compressed air use it blow any water out from around the spark plugs and accelerate the process.

My RS2's engine bay went from...not to bad for a 20 year old car but could better.

Couple of hours scrubbing and jet washing produced these results.

Last edited by K Simmonds; 23 July 2016, 01:49. Reason: More info
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

My tip - POR15 Marine Clean is the best degreaser / detergent I've come across
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Karcher powder RM760 works perfect on carpets and seats but you need suitable vacuum cleaner .

Comment

Thanks for the tips everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              My tip - POR15 Marine Clean is the best degreaser / detergent I've come across
              Yep, that's the stuff, works wonders, much better than gunk etc.
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
              X