Selling my much loved Mk5 Golf GTi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my much loved Mk5 Golf GTi

Ok, so its not an S2 or even an Audi... however it is a great example of a GTi

£6995 or make me a sensible offer.

So I've finally decided to sell my cherished GTi... I've owned the car for a little over 7 years now and its wanted for nothing. The bulk of the modifications listed were made by the previous owner, so I've had the luxury of enjoying it over the years.

It'll be a sad day when it goes as its the longest I've ever owned a car. There is just something about the Mk5 which I just really enjoy, so I'm hoping the next owner can enjoy it as much as I do and is equally well cared for.

I dont know if this price is too high or about right... there looks to be a few poorly spec'd cars around at the moment on Autotrader for similar money, so let me know what you think or make an offer.

MK5 Golf GTi - Steel Grey
    2007 07 plate
    3 Door
    72k miles - This will likely not change as the car is only used at weekends due to commuting to work by train.
    18" Monza Alloys with Vredestein tyres
    DSG Gearbox with paddle shift
    Factory Xenon headlights with headlamp washers
    Folding mirrors - (apparently hard to find?)
    Rear parking sensors
    Fully functional Air conditioning (for when we see some sunshine!)
    *RARE* Genuine GTi Bucket seats in tartan - I've been offered silly money for these alone!
    Highline dashboard and steering wheel controls
    New radiator 9 months ago due to a slight weep from the original
    Mud flaps front and rear
    Dipping passenger mirror when reversing
    Kenwood headunit with Navigation, Bluetooth etc.

MOT until 30th April 2018

Cambelt changed at 48k miles including cam follower and tensioners - I still have the original cam follower and it looks like new, so no wear here!

Brand new Turbo fitted Feb 2013
    Forge re-circulating valve
    R32 Brakes with new Brembo pads fitted less than 1000 miles ago
    Braided brake lines
    Stage 2 Revo Remap including SPS switch
    Whiteline Anti-lift Kit
    Poly bushes all round
    KW V3 coilovers
    BSH Catch can
    BSH Cone Induction kit (Original engine cover included)
    Full Turbo back Miltek exhaust
    OEM LED Rear lights
    Colour coded rear bumper
    Silicone boost hoses
    OSIR Vent gauge housing with NewSouth Boost gauge to match stock clocks
    Vented Fog light grills
    Tinted mirror indicators to better blend in with the colour
    Minor cosmetic improvements - carbon wrapped interior trim and front panel

Car is garaged and serviced regularly by myself using only genuine items

Bad points

Being completely honest, all cars have there niggles and this one is now 10yrs old so it shouldnt come as a surprise there are a couple...

Slight graze to rear bumper on the drivers side corner where a kind soul demonstrated their lack of driving skills - its only minor and barely noticable but I know its there... I actually tried to get some photos of this but I couldnt get it to show up in the light there was at the time.

Passenger door lock intermittently not unlocking on the central locking so need to unlock from inside the car - I've priced the part to around £150 plus fitting it, I may get this sorted before it goes though. This actually only just started to occur but from looking in to how to fix it, it seems to be a common "feature".

Three of the four Monza wheels are suffering with "white worm". I've had the cost of a refurb for all four priced at £350 by Pristine Wheels for the same original finish with diamond cut so this is taken in to account with the price.

20170806_174920.jpg
    Last edited by S2 Ant; 17 August 2017, 14:13.
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

20170806_174823.jpg
    Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Those seats are lovely. I have been contemplating an Edition 30 for a while to replace the daily derv. If this was a manual, I might have bitten. Good luck with sale, best colour by miles IMO as well.

Comment

Bump with a reduced price - Also, it has a stage 2 map, not stage 1.

Cottis - have you tried DSG? I know its not for everyone, but I actually now prefer DSG over manual... especially with the paddle shift on the steering wheel.
          Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

How am I going to recognise you in Hemel now? What's the replacement? I think you've moved since I last saw you anyway. Good luck with sale.
            Speaking from seeing this car it is a beaut incase anyone was wondering

Comment

Car now sold.

Cheers Chris. I do keep an eye out for your S2 still when I'm out. Still in hemel but yes have moved.
              Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Knew your car wouldn't hang around long. Well done.

I think I see you walking to the station so you must live near me now? Chaulden way? The avant lives in the garage until sunny days lol.

Hope to see you around. Let me know what you get so I can keep an eye open for you.

Comment

Working...
                X