• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £60k RS2!

Wow!

http://www.fast-classics.com/cars/audi-rs2-for-sale/
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

It is very low mileage too.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yep, and now the B5 RS4's are on the up but this one is a bit extreme at £50k -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-RS4-...4AAOSwiYlaM5TX

Comment

It is a lways interesting to try to figure out what our precious cars are worth. At the moment the car market is very flat with most dealers selling cars at half the rate that they normally expect. So a good time to buy but probably not good to sell.

As regards a good quality RS2 I think everyone has been surprised at the rapid price increase in the past few years. There have been several on the market over the past few months offered at around the £40k mark. But most of these have not sold - and the market price is only what someone is actually willing to pay. That said I am sure that many Forum members saw a beautiful pearl blue RS2 offered by Bramley Motors at a touch under £80k. It was very low mileage and had been completely refurbished. The car was sold to Bramley's managing director around 3 years ago by a dealer in Ripley for less than £7000. He used it himself for a couple of years then had it brought back to concourse quality. This car has recenly been sold and it was bought for around £76,000, so clearly there is a growing market for the best examples.

On that basis £60k is probably not too bad...!!
        Cheers
        Don
        ---------------------
        Everything in perfect working order

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
          It is a lways interesting to try to figure out what our precious cars are worth. At the moment the car market is very flat with most dealers selling cars at half the rate that they normally expect. So a good time to buy but probably not good to sell.

As regards a good quality RS2 I think everyone has been surprised at the rapid price increase in the past few years. There have been several on the market over the past few months offered at around the £40k mark. But most of these have not sold - and the market price is only what someone is actually willing to pay. That said I am sure that many Forum members saw a beautiful pearl blue RS2 offered by Bramley Motors at a touch under £80k. It was very low mileage and had been completely refurbished. The car was sold to Bramley's managing director around 3 years ago by a dealer in Ripley for less than £7000. He used it himself for a couple of years then had it brought back to concourse quality. This car has recenly been sold and it was bought for around £76,000, so clearly there is a growing market for the best examples.

On that basis £60k is probably not too bad...!!

It seems like you bought at just the right time Don! Plenty of fun to be had and money at the end of it in an RS2.
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I was browsing some old posts on Classic Cars for sale and I came across the same car that was posted for sale on 22 Nov 2014 for an amazing £109,500 !! Based on the recent increase in values it might not be too much longer before a good quality RS2 attains this value. The RS2 model is not available in USA but has cult status. Models built in 1994 can be shipped to the States after 25 years without having to comply retrospectively with USA requirements. Hence in 2019 a new market will become available...watch this space
            Cheers
            Don
            ---------------------
            Everything in perfect working order

Comment

I was browsing some old posts on Classic Cars for sale and I came across the same car that was posted for sale on 22 Nov 2014 for an amazing £109,500 !! Based on the recent increase in values it might not be too much longer before a good quality RS2 attains this value. The RS2 model is not available in USA but has cult status. Models built in 1994 can be shipped to the States after 25 years without having to comply retrospectively with USA requirements. Hence in 2019 a new market will become available...watch this space
              And I sold a 25k mile one in laser red for much less than this approx 6 months ago!!

Comment

Yes, after the 25 year rule (not long now) I am also sure that the worth of good RS2's Stateside will rocket.
                (There is one RS2 already in the US (LHD OA9 Paint) imported years ago under special import regulations.)
                Last edited by Carl Avant; 20 January 2018, 14:13.
                RS2
                80 Sport
                S4
                Ariel Atom

sigpic

Comment

I plan on hitting a few US car shows with my 94 RS2 this summer to gauge interest. I expected a bunch to hit Canada when they were eligible after 15 years but surprisingly there is only about a dozen that I know of. The US is a much larger market though.

Comment

Working...
                  X