RS2 for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 for sale

Hi all, I think the time has come to move my brilliant old RS2 onto a new home, I've loved every moment of driving it, cleaning it and working on it. I'm starting to struggle to justify the time that I spend on the car and with a business, young family and 2 other 20 year old cars something has to give. I am the 3rd owner from new, the previous owner is a friend and neighbour. I've advertised it on Autoscout24, the text from the advert follows:

"A well serviced, maintained and generally cared for example of the original fast, practical, all season estate car. It’s very much used as a classic car, weekends and holidays, with the only “snow" outing being the recently filmed “Petrolicious” video. I have owned the car for 5 years. In addition to regular servicing and cleaning, the following works have been completed:

2015 (QST Haywards Heath, UK)

-Front subframe mountings
    -Front wishbones
    -Rear top wishbone bushings
    -Miltek cat back exhaust
    -Gearbox oil change
    -Air conditioning system overhaul
    -TFSI red top coil pack and Apikol wiring harness
    -Oil pressure sensor
    -Waste gate Spring
    -DV Valve
    -N75 Waste gate solenoid
    -Whitelines B5 RS4 RARB and polybushes

-Completely rebuilt and refinished front brake calipers
    -Custom braided flexible brake hoses with stainless connectors
    -Boxster S rear calipers with adaptor brackets
    -Brake discs and pads
    -Handbrake shoes and cables
    -Koni adjustable shock absorbers
    -Powder coated springs (original)
    -Alloy wheel refurbishment
    -Power steering hose
    -Sachs front suspension top mounts
    -Bump stops and dust covers
    -Track rod ends (L & R)
    -All removed suspension components re-finished with Durepox

2017 (White Cottage Quattros)

-Head gasket
    -Exhaust manifold (Wagner)
    -Timing belt
    -Water pump
    -Sachs Organic clutch (fast road)
    -Sachs pressure plate
    -Exhaust Oxygen sensor
    -Crankshaft seal
    -Samco induction hoses (matt black)
    -Fuel pump (Pierburg)
    -Vacuum hoses
    -Custom stainless tailpipes
    -Headlining replacement

The bodywork is in good condition with no corrosion to speak of, the underside of the car is cleaned and anti-corrosion products (Dinitrol) applied annually.

All invoices and receipts are available and works documented."

I've no idea what these cars are actually selling for so have priced it in accordance with the other vehicles for sale on Autoscout24 at €42,750, I know of only 1 other RS2 in France for sale at the moment and that is €54,000.

I'm very happy and will to answer any questions anyone may have. I also have a comprehensive spares package that includes the correct D90 style winter wheels, a spare engine wiring harness, handbrake cables (brand new), reflector bar (also brand new), H&R lowering springs, plus all of the original parts where I have made upgrades.

What next, well I'd consider a P/X in full or otherwise for something newer like a B7 RS4 or E90 M3, something that doesn't need quite the amount of time and love that needs to be committed to keeping these amazing old things on the road.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    Last edited by treebirch; 17 April 2018, 22:35.

I've done a spectacularly bad job of selling this car, basically I don't really want to but, I should do. So, as ever, I have no idea where the market is but I'd be happy to listen to any sensible offers from seriously interested buyers. Pete from White Cottage Quattro's will give you a genuine overview of the car having done a significant amount of work to the car recently (he spent way to many hours under it!). I'm very happy to answer any questions about the car.

Comment

Working...
    X