1999 Audi A4 Avant 2.8 quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Audi A4 Avant 2.8 quattro

July 1999 T facelift Audi A4 Avant 2.8 quattro, 193 bhp, manual, 157k, FSH, Agate grey, full black leather, heated fronts, armrest, 6CD

Affectionately know as 'the snotter', I bought this 4 years ago after selling an immaculate B6 S4 Avant to fund a house renovation, but didn't want to be without the practicality of an estate car. I never planned on keeping it four years and 18k! I have just bought a B7 as a replacement estate, so its time to bid farewell to the B5. Available to view in Bedford, including throughout this BH weekend, fast train 35 mins from London etc if you want collecting from the station.

Registered 5th July 1999, the service book has 12 stamps 1999-2011 (9 of which are Audi). There is a ring binder detailing services 2011 onward (plus a few earlier ones) plus invoices for cambelt and water pump in 2012 @ 129k, gearbox oil Jan 2013, and a reconditioned ABS unit Jan 2014. Summary of work completed since I purchased it Aug 2014 @ 139k:

Sept 2014 - Rear disc and pads (Eurocarparts)
    Nov 2014 - Brackets + blowing exhaust welded including offside downpipe + Mot
    April 2015 - Front disc and pads (Pagid) + most recent air filter
    Oct 2015 - Engine flush + oil change + rear roll bar linkages + Mot
    Dec 2015 - Pollen filter + second hand replacement scuttle cover*
    *cracked pollen filter cover replaced and bulkhead drainage holes under battery cleaned
    Dec 2015 - Throttle position sensor replaced (Audi)
    Oct 2016 - Wheel alignment, new coolant header tank (TPS), most recent coolant change, most recent brake fluid change, Mot
    Sept 2017 - Most recent oil change
    Oct 2017 - Track rod end + Mot

Current mot expiry 6th Nov 2018

Negatives - usual B5 issues of missing lines on the DIS, Concert stereo and 6CD changer work, but volume control does not - it's stuck at one volume, tailgate plinth bubbling, and knackered rear wiper motor.

Air con worked when I got it but slowly became less effective. I asked my local garage to regas it last summer, but they were not able (ie. not allowed) to regas because the system failed the initial pressure test.

The interior fans also have a mind of their own, they have always gone up and down in speed randomly as you drive, but more recently they have been slow to start after you start the engine, or spin for a while then slow down without you touching them as you drive.

Drivers heated seat wires not very effective after 19 years and 157k of bums!

Clutch was high when I bought it, 18k later I'm on the same clutch, no slip under normal driving, although it definitely is not going to allow you to do Fast and the Furious 'sidestep the clutch' quarter mile launches

It's spent the last 3 years or so running S4 Avus 17s as per the final last pic which are not included in the sale, this has restricted which pics I can use on the Pistonheads ad!

Ownership thread

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...nt-2-8-quattro

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...h-157k/8980059

B5 B6 B7 B9

I did wonder whether I'd need a fresh MOT when I advertised the A4 a fortnight ago to secure a sale, hence I put the B5 in for an inspection yesterday, and it passed its mot today with the only requirement being a new set of number plates. Mot expiry 6th September 2019.

B5 Avus 17s with four matching Vredestein Ultrac Cento tyres (4 to 5mm) with late 2014 manufacture dates now available by negotiation separately (I thought I might need them temporarily for the B7, but this isn't the case)

So if you want to work out a deal for the car and S4 wheels that would suit me perfectly

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vr...trac-Cento.htm

B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
      So if you want to work out a deal for the car and S4 wheels that would suit me perfectly
      Any sensible offers before I put this on Autotrader? Perfect station car!

If you are wanting the S4 alloys, I am happy to let them go with the car as long as the asking price is met.

B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

On Autotrader. S4 alloys included at asking price.
        B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Sold for asking price
          B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Working...
          X