X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not mine...S2 avant £4K

Up early this morning and seen this for 4 grand

https://www.gumtree.com/p/audi/audi-...on-/1335817665

My old car! I sold it years ago and it was mint!

Comment

It's certainly not mint now, I've looked at it several times now as I knew the previous owner who unfortunately died. It's been lying down a croft for years now. Paint is really bad, needs a full respray, the drivers rear quarter is the worst, not shown in the pics though. Boot lid is rotten, all the doors appeared to be open however I was unable to actually open them. Inside is in a sorry state, headliner all collapsed, looks like the carpet is wet but unable to open doors to check. No idea what it's like underneath as the grass was grown up the sides off it and the ground was soaking wet each time I looked at it. A bigger turbo was fitted to it, not sure what type but remember the owner saying it was really laggy and all the power was in a narrow power band up top. I think it was PRJ who supplied the chips for it. I showed interest in it until heard what it was going for sale for.

Comment

Such a shame really nice lad I sold it to who was also on the forum. Probably the best s2 I owned probably because at the time it was completely stock apart from a homefry and the alloys

Comment

Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
          No idea what it's like underneath as the grass was grown up the sides off it and the ground was soaking wet each time I looked at it
          This will be the killer. Parked on hard standing is so much kinder to the car - the dew will rot the underneath - I remember seeing pics of a B5 S4 that had been parked with grass growing up to the underside of the car like that, the rear subframe was rusted right through in only 18 months!!

Stornoway location doesn't help!
          B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
            It's certainly not mint now, I've looked at it several times now as I knew the previous owner who unfortunately died. It's been lying down a croft for years now. Paint is really bad, needs a full respray, the drivers rear quarter is the worst, not shown in the pics though. Boot lid is rotten, all the doors appeared to be open however I was unable to actually open them. Inside is in a sorry state, headliner all collapsed, looks like the carpet is wet but unable to open doors to check. No idea what it's like underneath as the grass was grown up the sides off it and the ground was soaking wet each time I looked at it. A bigger turbo was fitted to it, not sure what type but remember the owner saying it was really laggy and all the power was in a narrow power band up top. I think it was PRJ who supplied the chips for it. I showed interest in it until heard what it was going for sale for.
            Bearing in mind where it is and how prices have somewhat normalised, 4k is a lot for someone looking to break it or for a loooooooooong term, expensive project.

Comment

Working...
            X