GREEN S2 coupe m reg white leather , carbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREEN S2 coupe m reg white leather , carbon

Half heartenly putting my green s2 up for sale due to new house purchase and as new house currently has no workshop built there and the car deserves better and I have at least a years building work to do on the main house I m going to advertise all my vehicles at the same time and see what I m left with after a few weeks as have limit dry warm storage after we sell our current house .

i ll list full details inc pics tomorrow once I m home but basic spec is

M reg

met green has a light scratch on front arch which I ll paint and fully detail exterior other than that mint.

white leather interior carbon pack with air con

mileage is 157'000 roughly was used to travel form London to Manchester up until I brought it.

full service history

Totally original so all trims under trays fitted.

Will have full years mot and will have no advisories.

can deliver for free uk but would require a deposit first.

looking for £16000 to basically buy building materials to store my vehicles I will no longer have

Passed mot today okay advisory is screen although I ve noticed it’s a bit dry underneath so will paint and waxoil in the week . Painted the wing and gave it a light mop so will wax it then off to interior trim to do door cards and pdr next door . Need to get lower door trims
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

I have a full folder of bills and the original bill of sale it drives faultless and is as quiet mechanically as left the factory

Comment

I’d love it if you got anywhere near the asking price as mine will be going up for sale soon. However I think 16k is a bit strong in the current climate.
        Get a few more pics up too mate, show off that colour in the sun. Give yourself a higher chance of catching someone’s eye.

All the best
        F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
        1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

Personally I think I m may have under valued it as its got an insurance agreed value of £19800 which they recommended it going by inspection , don't sell yours too low as theyre are people that appriciate the stature of car they are ,my friends got written off last week and first payment he's been offered is £22,500 so i think the ones that I see for sale around the 10 grand mark are people that may need the money , I'll be gutted if I have to leave the old trusty outside over winter while I m building the house although my girlfriend may be convinced to live in a caravan while I build a workshop first .

Comment

But an agreed insurance value is not the actual value of the car that it would sell for, you can agree a very varied value on any car, as the insurance company will agree the value and adjust the premium to suit and will take the risk and your money. That agreed value does not mean thats what its worth or what you should put it up for sale for or better still what it would actually sell for. You need to read the market at the time you put yours up for sale, look at other very similar cars and price your accordingly, of course we all want to get maximum cash for the sale but we all have to be realistic when putting a value on it. How quick do you want it to sell? If you want to wait then you can add a few thousand more, if you want it gone quick then drop a few off, its all relative.

Buyers will always check to see what else is for sale at the time and judge on that, dont be greedy and try to get silly money for your car, it will be for sale for ever more, much like dealers try on classic cars.

Comment

I agree totally I m not selling it as I want to or require the money but it's a shame it won't get used and deserves a better life while I m busy and it may have to live outside.

Generally any cars worth as much as someone will pay for it and where you are located makes a massive difference I ve had my fair share of bargains in my 130 or so cars I ve owned I don't mind traveling and like I ve said in the beginning statement I m half heartedly putting it up for sale.

Comment

Lefrog all I can say is good luck and hope you get your price. When my insurance is due this November I am definitely going down the agreed value insurance route. I also agree with your thinking as well am not getting in the whole debate on valuations but our cars are getting incredibly rare and they are bloody good cars mine gets admired every time I go out in it and if someone offered me 20k right now I would say no. So hold your nerve get as close to what your asking for it!!

Comment

My agred value turned out to be complete noncence when I had a recent claim, they went by the glasses guide (which is pathetic) and wouldn't budge much from that

Comment

What have they offered you ? Mine had a £4200 repair recently which was new head
                    light and front bumper as my neighbour clipped the front corner . Someone just dented the door so that's being sorted at the moment as I ve requested a new door rather than fill.

Comment

If I had the time and effort to fight them for a year or so I might have got more but nothing near the true value of the cars worth, ended up accepting £1800 for £4,000 of damage and avoiding having it as a Cat D write off, the are basically robbing bar stewards

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                        My agred value turned out to be complete noncence when I had a recent claim, they went by the glasses guide (which is pathetic) and wouldn't budge much from that
                        Which company?
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Sky but the under writers where Marker Study who it turns out are the same for my new insurance with Adrian Flux

Comment

I m with performance direct and never had an issue thinks my policy is around £180 a year with £200 excess .

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                              If I had the time and effort to fight them for a year or so I might have got more but nothing near the true value of the cars worth, ended up accepting £1800 for £4,000 of damage and avoiding having it as a Cat D write off, the are basically robbing bar stewards
                              I ****ing hate the insurance industry - legalised theft. Whats the point in having agreed value? :corey:

to my mind, the point of the term "agreed value" is that the value you want to insure has been agreed by the underwriter when they agree to provide cover - regardless of the market value.
                              If they are not happy with your value they should not accept the terms and take your money. I am sure the ombudsman would side with you. As you say though, who has the time to fight these *****?

You really should hound Sky about it since they give it the big sell on how good their policies are and as the broker its their duty to look after their customer (you) not leave you to the wolves. I would be kicking their door in if I was you.

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X