Clear All

• For sale Audi RS2

Audi RS2.
    Colour RS Blue.
    Left Hand Drive.
    Year of manufacture, 1994.
    Total kilometres, 135252.
    Equivalent mileage, 84000.
    These figures will go up slowly over the summer.
    M.O.T. pass this June with no advisories.
    Six months road tax which started in June.
    In my fourteen year ownership the car has spent Six summer months on the road, and six winter months garaged.
    An estimate of 55000 km or 38000 miles has been covered in those fourteen years.
    My registration document shows one previous U.K. owner, and one previous owner before it was imported.
    When I purchased the car I received no service history, and no receipts of work done.
    In my ownership I have kept receipts of parts purchased and mechanical work done.

What follows is a detailed description of the condition, spec of the car, parts replaced, and mechanical work done.

Exterior.
    The bodywork on the whole is in excellent condition, the bonnet has recently been sprayed to remove small chips on the front lip.
    A new near side front wing has been replaced and sprayed, due to corrosion at the bumper fixing points. This was purchased from Audi Tradition.
    All four lower rubber door strips replaced and painted. The paint work was done at the end of 2018.
    Alloys have been refurbed, near side front alloy has small stone scratch, all others are excellent.
    Tyres are 225-45 Goodyear asymmetric with 90% tread remaining.
    All four wheels have two genuine Porsche locking wheel nuts per wheel.

Engine bay.
    Excellent condition for a twenty five year old car.
    Slam panel has has some scratches and slight corrosion around some bolt heads, to be expected!

Underside.
    Very good condition, corrosion on fuel tank straps.
    Original exhaust system, twenty five years!! middle silencer has corrosion, cats and rear box in very good condition.
    Main pipes, surface rust. As mentioned M.O.T. pass.

Interior.
    Very good to excellent condition.
    The car is an early example so does not have airbags. Audi fitted Procon 10 restraint system. Google or youtube explain how this system works.
    The car comes with an all black three spoke leather sports steering wheel, which I think looks more the business than the airbag example.
    Carbon fibre inlays surround the car.
    The original Gamma sound system has been replaced with a Becker Grand Prix system, that most people agree looks very OEM. The speakers are all original.
    Full digital climatic control system, unlike the right hand drive versions with button controls.
    The seating is full black leather, with the drivers seat showing some wear on the outer bolster, and the seated area.
    The passanger seat looks almost new! Rear seats are in very good condition, with internal ski bag still in place.
    Rear load area is in excellent condition, spare alloy refurbed with an Avon ZZ3 tyre with 90% tread left.

Replacement parts in no particular order.

Tailgate gas struts
    Recent battery
    Rear bumper toe eye cover
    All four lower door mouldings
    Nearside front wing
    Offside headlight lens, small chip in old lens.
    Copper fuel lines
    Goodridge brake hoses
    Exhaust heat shields replaced due to corrosion
    Propshaft center bearing, the heavy duty correct version, not the skinny BMW version.
    Handbrake cables, with all new hub internals, ie springs, adjusters,etc, etc.
    Refurbed callipers with almost new pads all round. Front dics Audi OEM almost new, rear discs Zimmerman with minimal wear.
    RS2 H&R lowering springs, with Bilstein sport dampers.
    Drop links, solid top mounts, no more rubber crushed mounts every few months. I don't notice any extra harshness in ride quality.
    Main radiator
    Auxillary radiator
    Aircon, large service, new pipes etc,etc. with regas.
    Cambelt, and auxillary belts.Water pump,crankshaft pulley wheel, thermostat.
    Oil changed every six months, with new filter.
    Becker ICE unit with original box, code number, instruction manual, etc,etc.

I believe that the car has been very well looked after in my ownership, and work has been done,
    and parts replaced when required.

Over the last few years the car has been looked after by Richard at Moorfield German Motors.
    He will give a description verbally of the cars condition, but not a written one.

Contact details.

Tel 0113 2508333

Email service@moorfieldgerman motors.co.uk

Below is a small list of spares, that will be included in the sale.

Rear tailgate reflector, small hairline crack.
    Lots or Porsche OEM wheel nuts
    Audi RS2/Porsche badge, will fit front or rear of car.
    Audi magazines with RS2 profiles.

The reason for sale, I've had the car for fourteen years, and that's enough for me, it's time for a change.
    The other obvious reason is that prices are very strong at the moment, and now seems like a good time to sell.

I've added some photos below.

Price £41950 Or nearest offer.

Euros 46801

For any enquiries about the car please contact me at my email address.

sb.sykes@talktalk.net

Thanks.

rs2315
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Hi, after making my first for sale advertisement on the S2 forum, and no interest, I'll now advertise elsewhere.
    Please contact me on my email address if you have any enquiries about the car.

Thanks,
    rs2315.
    sigpic

Comment

Why dont you try the US market, that has just opened up for the import of RS2s

Comment

Originally posted by rustybullethole View Post
        Why dont you try the US market, that has just opened up for the import of RS2s
        Yes, I've been following the 25 year rule in the U.S.
        Mines one of the earlier models, so a U.S. buyer could import now..
        It's early days as the car has only been advertised on S2 forum so far.
        I'm now going to advertise to a wider audience, Europe U.S.

Thanks for advice.

rs2315.
        sigpic

Comment

Your car looks great and quite a few here would love to own it but it's sadly beyond what most can afford
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Plus its LHD which really doest help trying to sell it in the UK

Comment

Tractor and Rusty, both valid points.

The reason I posted here first was just a respect thing.
              This forum and the guy's on it have given me more than my fair share of help with info on how to
              look after the car, and for that i wanted to give members first shot at a possible purchase.

Your right, the price is out of reach of a lot of members, but I still thought it only fair to try here first. Thanks for the positive comments about my car.

I know when I was using the forum on a regular basis there were quiet a lot of overseas members, I don't know if that is still the case?
              Salty knott RS2 America project, and there were a few Scandanavian lads that were regulars.

As i mentioned I'll put the feelers out into Europe and U.S. and see what comes of it.

Cheers.

rs2315.
              sigpic

Comment

You should try the Swedish / Norwegian or German Market.
                thats an easy sell, hell I could buy it and make a buck but with small children there is no time. But there is som tip and good luck
                1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
                2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
                2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
                  You should try the Swedish / Norwegian or German Market.
                  thats an easy sell, hell I could buy it and make a buck but with small children there is no time. But there is som tip and good luck
                  Hi Wrath, could you suggest any forums, websites for the above markets you mention.

Mobile. de is the one I know about, but some others would be good.

Thanks for the " good luck"

Cheers.

rs2315.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rustybullethole View Post
                    Plus its LHD which really doest help trying to sell it in the UK
                    Selling into europe will be advantagous for you at the moment with the GBP EUR rate favouring european buyers you may find it sells quicker, particularily as a LHD.

GLWS
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post

Selling into europe will be advantagous for you at the moment with the GBP EUR rate favouring european buyers you may find it sells quicker, particularily as a LHD.

GLWS
                      Hi Greg, thanks for advice.
                      The market for sure is bigger in Europe for LHD RS2.
                      The trick is to let the whole of Europe know theres a tasty RS2 waiting for a new home.

Thanks with GLWS

rs2315.
                      sigpic

Comment

But I would say it is not easy to sell here aswell. For this price you might have to wait for the buyer quite a while.

Comment

Yes I Know the price is at the top end.

I've seen some for 50K, and some dealers asking for more than that, which in most cases is just unrealistic.

I want to sell the car and I'm always willing for sensible negotiation on the price.

rs2315.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rs2315 View Post

Hi Wrath, could you suggest any forums, websites for the above markets you mention.

Mobile. de is the one I know about, but some others would be good.

Thanks for the " good luck"

Cheers.

rs2315.
                            Use Swedish sites as www.blocket.se or maybe a company that only deals with special cars like these. www.360motor.se

facebook is a good place aswell, their is a site called norwegian audi parts. Over 4000 Audi members
                            1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
                            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
                            2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
                            2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post

Use Swedish sites as www.blocket.se or maybe a company that only deals with special cars like these. www.360motor.se

facebook is a good place aswell, their is a site called norwegian audi parts. Over 4000 Audi members
                              Thanks Wrath, very helpful. I'll note these sites, and use them if I have no success on Pistonheads and Mobile.de

Cheers

rs2315.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X