1996 Audi S2 Coupe for sale (Again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Audi S2 Coupe for sale (Again!)

The time has come to part with my S2 after over 8 years of enjoyable ownership.

I first posted this advert in January 2018 but very soon afterwards I suffered an injury preventing me driving for a long time so cars took a back seat !

Anyway, all sorted now so I’m putting my S2 up for sale again. Reason for sale is the same as before. Mileage has increased but only by 500 miles, There is still some maintenance work to be done but the required parts are included in the sale minus oil and coolant as that may be a personal preference. I have included up to date photographs and I have reduced the price to £13k

The details are:

1996 Audi S2 Coupe
    First registered 29th May 1996
    127,500 miles
    MoT, 27th January 2020
    Ragussa Green with Black (Anthracite) leather upholstery
    Electric Recaro front seats (Not Heated)
    Black roof lining, carbon trim, opening rear windows, electric glass sunroof
    Cruise control, Air conditioning, remote locking
    Plasma gauge faces
    Boost gauge
    Stainless Rear Silencer
    Front and Rear Quantum Mudflaps
    Original Audi overmats with Original Audi rubber overmats for winter
    SONY MEX-BT3800U CD/MP3 player. Connects to other devices via Bluetooth or connecting lead. Connects to phone to give Hands Free capability.
    The car is also wired for Amplifier/Sub Woofer in the hatch. (Not by me but by the previous owner)
    Toad alarm fitted with instruction leaflet and 2 fobs

Since buying the car in April 2011 I have refurbished both sub frames and installed solid aluminium sub frame bushes and new Audi supplied stretch bolts
    New Diff and gear box mounts fitted
    Front wishbones have Powerflex bushes and the rears have OEM rubber
    Improved track rod adjusters also fitted
    Clutch master cylinder operating rod brace fitted

All drop links have been replaced as have the ARB bushes, powerflex on front and OEM rear.

New sun roof seal fitted

Rear shock absorbers were replaced in June 2017 as were the top mounts

I have performed all servicing myself using either Audi or Mann parts

The car is in need of an oil change service now (time based) and a timing belt change for the same reason. In addition, the receiver/drier for the air conditioning needs to be replaced

The parts for the timing belt change and the service will be supplied with the car as will a new receiver/drier.

I have the full book pack, an original sales brochure, price list and an ABT C5 brochure too as well as an edition of Volkswagen Audi Car with an interesting article ‘S2 Coupe Shows it’s Muscle’

I have 2 keys and the tab that comes with them. I assume it’s for the immobiliser ?

With the exception of the tasteful improvements mentioned, the car is completely original. It has number plates with the supplying dealers information (Newton Abbot Audi) and matching rear window sticker and tax disc holder.

I have receipts going back many years for servicing and replacement parts.

The reason I am selling is that I also have a 20v Quattro Coupe as my daily and I don’t have the time any more to give them both the attention they need and deserve (I’m selling the 20v too).

The photographs from the advertisement I posted in 2018 were from 2012 supplemented by a few later ones in response to queries.
    Although they were representative of the condition of the car, for this advertisement I have taken a new set on 17th August 2019. The condition of the car is the same but I don’t think the photos themselves are as good. The earlier ones were taken with a Cannon EOS, the latest ones with my Samsung Tablet.

I have reduced the price to £13k to reflect the maintenance work that needs to be performed and in order, I hope, to achieve a quick sale. The car has had very little use in the last 18 months and it really deserves to be driven.

As yet I have not advertised anywhere else as I would prefer the car to go to a forum member.

PM me with any questions or comments as I'm sure there are things I have forgotten.

I hope the photographs I have shown give a good illustration of the cars's condition however I have many more photographs of the car for anyone who is interested or would like to see specific features.

Thanks for looking at my advertisement.

Martin
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 12 photos.

I understand that I need to reply to my advertisement so it will appear on the Homepage...here goes !

Comment

Looks very nice GLWS I use to have a Coupe 20v Quattro nice cars and I also like the look of your lovely c5 RS6

Comment

Your car looks stunning. Lovely colour and a great spec. Why did I go and buy a Ur
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thats stunning...think£13k is a bargain given the pictures and spec/options on that!
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Bargain
            F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
            1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

Working...
            X