AUDI 80 2.6 V6 Saloon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUDI 80 2.6 V6 Saloon

Unfortunately, the time has come to put my 80 up for sale, which I’ve owned for a year now. After unexpectedly buying the S2 just a few weeks after I bought the 80 - with the intention of selling the 80 - I ended up getting my money's worth and enjoying both cars!

AHJxFI5.jpg

I’d honestly love to keep it but the S2 (and S3) will keep me busy - I really don’t need any more than that.

It’s a 1994 2.6 V6 in Gomera green - the best colour in my opinion . The alloys are aftermarket TSW stealth 15 inch. Though I’m not usually a fan of aftermarket wheels, I do think they suit the car well and look very OEM.

In the year I’ve owned the car it’s never let me down and wanted for nothing other than an occasional top up of oil. I had the timing belt - including tensioners and water pump - done in March 2019 shortly after I bought the car. The car was serviced including air con refill just before I bought it.

The car runs fine and everything works as it should except from the oil temp gauge in the VDO cluster. The engine can be a bit tappety on cold mornings - which goes away after about a minute - and first gear is a bit stiff until it’s warmed up. Suspension does feel a bit tired if I’m honest - mostly over speed bumps - but perfectly adequate. It’s currently on Koni (orange) street shocks at the rear - unsure if the front inserts match as I haven't looked - but assume they.

I’ve had a lot of fun out of the car in my short ownership - it accompanied me on two North Coast 500 trips last year and I’ve used it for lots of trips down south and days out. A very comfortable cruiser on long journeys. It’s by no means a fast car but pulls well and is generally a smooth and comfortable place to be.

It just passed it MOT last week with a few advisories so is all good for another year of motoring; completely ready to go.

These cars are getting rarer (like our S2s) and tend to attract lots of attention. I’ve had numerous comments about the car whether stopped at the side of the road, at a service station or just out and about. It’s a great conversation starter!

The interior is dark blue velour (with no rips or tears) and has the S2 style 3 spoke leather steering wheel fitted. The front passenger side door card lining is loose but not overly noticeable and should be easy enough to repair/replace - it never bothered me to be honest. Aftermarket Sony stereo fitted with CD player, Bluetooth, USB.

Basic details:

MOT: 29/01/2021
    Colour: Gomera Green L76P
    Milage: 218125 (may increase slightly)
    2 keys, service booklet, manual etc
    Electric Windows
    Electric Sunroof
    3 Previous keepers

It’s a very clean car for its age and mileage - and you can definitely tell that it's been looked after. The previous owner had the car for 18 years before trading it in for part exchange at the dealer I bought it from. Apparently the guy worked at Audi parts department so it regularly got the the parts it needed. Lots of history to show routine servicing etc - there's 16 stamps in the book (up to 135k) then miscellaneous invoices for oil, filter etc carried out by previous owner. I was provided with a printout of complete service history from the dealer I bought it from (with services carried out by owner) - much of which is accompanied by invoices but a few are not - take from this what you will but all signs point to it being accurate.

While I'm certainly no authority on old Audis I do believe the real killer of these cars is having them sitting about rather than driven and the fact this car’s been in regular service for the past 26 years really shows this - it’s been used and looked after for a long time.

That said, it’s not concourse condition - there are some age related marks - most notably some bubbling on the spoiler and a small bubble on the side of the bonnet, lacquer peel on driver mirror. All inspections welcome.

I sadly lost one of the alloys centre caps recently but will try to source a replacement.

MOT advisories:

There’s a slight oil leak which is suspected as the rocker cover gasket - typical of these engines, especially with the mileage. The car came with a spare gasket in the boot when I bought it, which I never got round to fitting so this seems the most likely cause. There’s some play/wear on the top bearing of the steering column. Also an advisory for one of the windscreen washer nozzles - only happened the other week. I’ve ordered a spare so that should be resolved soon. There’s also a slight hole in the rear light cluster - and a small exhaust leak. The DVLA MOT history website will show all the advisories for the curious.

The car’s due for another oil change so will have fresh oil and filter before sale (should get to this during the week).

I’m looking for £2000 ONO. Happy to consider all offers but I’m not desperate to to let the car go.

Thanks for looking!
    Any questions just ask!
    Steve

93 S2 Avant - SOLD
    94 80 V6 Saloon
    00 S3 8L - SOLD

UnxWZ5S.jpg

3rQfu6w.jpg
    Qft0pD5.jpg
    Z85wKmC.jpg
    Z3tLvEd.jpg
    GrfWCWO.jpg
    6EWNAMN.jpg
    q93EcZ5.jpg
    uamEm3i.jpg
    a4lKjW4.jpg
    JPxDuY8.jpg
    93 S2 Avant - SOLD
    94 80 V6 Saloon
    00 S3 8L - SOLD

Comment

Some bonus pics from last summer

tu2L7nF.jpg
      SlK8nY9.jpg
      d71g3Pu.jpg
      B1voBhb.jpg
      93 S2 Avant - SOLD
      94 80 V6 Saloon
      00 S3 8L - SOLD

Comment

A good quality advert there for a change, best of luck with sale it certainly looks a nice car.
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
        X