For Sale, 4.2L V8 Coupe Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale, 4.2L V8 Coupe Quattro

Thought long and hard about this but finally decided to part with my coupe. Started out as a 2.8 barn find tidy up project that has grown arms and legs. I could waffle on about all I’ve done to the car but it would take a while and I’ve got a good thread on the forum documenting all my work.
    As it stands the car runs and drives reliably and is MOT’d until Nov 2020. The car has done around 111K miles although the odometer shows less as it has a S2 cluster fitted.
    A few highlights, 4.2AHC S8 engine with new RS4 clutch and Emerald stand-alone ECU, KW V1 coilovers, Recaro CS Sportsters, Brembos front and rear inc handbrake calipers.
    Bad points, Paintwork has developed microblisters, Speedo under reads, Engine was tuned on RR but could probably do with some light tweeking for road use to smooth it out a bit. As the paint issue is moisture related it's worse in winter,The picture below shows it in winter, For the spring/summer months the dots are no where near as visible but still there.

I’m looking for £7k for the car as it stands or £10k including all my wheel collection for it and any other spares from my garage, BBS LM127, OZ Superleggera 3 piece, BBS RC 306 I will also chuck in a new set of 18” Rainsports that will do any of the wheels.

Car is located in Fife, Scotland, I would prefer potential buyers come and see the car. I’m open to sensible offers but I’m in no rush to sell so please no low ball offers or swaps, these will be ignored.
    Please only contact if seriously interested.
    Obviously Covid19 has complicated selling things at the mo but sure we can manage viewings etc to keep all involved safe.

##None of the sets of wheels are available separately so please do not ask, The fate of the car will dictate if they will be up for sale or not.##
    Car was up on Facebook, Apologies if any of you contacted me and I didn't respond, My FB went into meltdown, I was inundated with messages. I've already had my fair share time wasters, no shows and some generally rude people so please only message me if seriously interested. 99% of questions asked had the answers either in the advert or in my build thread so please have a read through it, I realise its quite long but there's plenty of info regarding the car.

https://www.s2forum.com/…/member…/86...-coupe-quattro

Last edited by ajax1976; 21 June 2020, 13:14.

Cool.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Very nice car indeed
      Glws
      It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

That's a lovely beast indeed.
        V8 power, a sorted cabin and a great collection of alloys too .

Comment

great looking wagon , and its looks like lots of hard work , good luck , ,,
          man those bbs would look great on my urs4 v8 , anyone got a set?

Comment

Looks great, love the interior
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Bump. price dropped to £7k.

Comment

Originally posted by ajax1976 View Post
                Bump. price dropped to £7k.
                mackenzie50 !!

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                  You're a bad man John.
                  So far I've resisted.

Comment

Originally posted by mackenzie50 View Post
                    You're a bad man John.
                    So far I've resisted.
                    Thought you might know someone that might like it?!!!!

Comment

Deposit taken pending collection at the weekend

Comment

Thumbs up. Emoji not working.
                        91 Modded 3B
                        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Nice one. Will it be staying in Scotland?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                            Nice one. Will it be staying in Scotland?
                            Yes, Its going to a great guy about 10 miles away from me. We had a viewing arranged for last night but then he changed his mind and cancelled. I'd sold a few bits and bobs to him a while ago so knew that he'd had a few coupes and cabriolets over the years. I suggested that he still just came for look as its a fairly unique car, I also had a guy from down south coming at weekend to potentially buy it so if he wanted a look over it now was the time as he hadn't seen it on previous visits.
                            He had a good look over it, good chat about it, took him for a drive and gave him a shot and the car sold itself, he was smitten!! He made a fair offer today so a deal was struck and collection arranged for the weekend.
                            Sounds a bit corny but I'm genuinely pleased that its going to a good home and will be well looked after.

Comment

Nice one. Anyone who has put the amount of work into their car as you have will understand exactly how you feel.
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                              X