• Show
Clear All

• S2 on eBay

This appeared last night.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-S2-c...QAAOSwoWRfJxQW
    1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
    2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
    2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Been on Autotrader for a while. The guy can fairly take a photo! It looks superb.

I almost took the plunge last week but the mileage is a big niggle at top money.

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick View Post
      Been on Autotrader for a while. The guy can fairly take a photo! It looks superb.

I almost took the plunge last week but the mileage is a big niggle at top money.
      Only 180k that ain’t too bad for a 25 year old car. Mines got 206k on and everything sorted in a months time!!

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post

Only 180k that ain’t too bad for a 25 year old car. Mines got 206k on and everything sorted in a months time!!
        No, I agree, and it looks like it's had a lot of big work done. It also speaks volumes that the car has consistently been driven.

I just feel that if I had to sell it further down the line, I'm not getting back £12.5k for a car on ~200km, regardless of condition. And my ad wouldn't be nearly as pretty as his, haha.

Comment

Especially when one needing a head gasket and a tidy up with 99k miles sold last week for five grand!
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick View Post

No, I agree, and it looks like it's had a lot of big work done. It also speaks volumes that the car has consistently been driven.

I just feel that if I had to sell it further down the line, I'm not getting back £12.5k for a car on ~200km, regardless of condition. And my ad wouldn't be nearly as pretty as his, haha.
            If you're serious about getting another S2, you'll kick yourself later if you pass by this one- looks very clean indeed, all the right things done, standard...and right on your doorstep!!

Comment

Mine has 180,000 as well
              Last edited by 4WDrifter; 6 August 2020, 15:01.
              1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
              2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
              2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Proves prices are still a little all over the place!! What would you class as a low mileage S2 these days bearing in mind youngest will be 24 years old!! I’d say anything around 140-150k is low mileage and 120 is extremely low!! But if your wanting back in the S2 game nows the time the sooner the better. Just my tuppence lol

Comment

The way I look at most things where you have to stop and think about the cost rather than just buying it is to knock a few grand off the price and ask yourself “would I buy it now?” If the answer is yes then say to yourself it’s only the difference of a few grand.
                  So if you would buy it no problem at 9500 then we’re only talking 3000 for a couple of years craic.Just my simple way of looking at things.
                  1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                  2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                  2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Haha, in some situations maybe, but that's talking an extra 25%. I'd snap it up for ~£10k, I'm sure many would, but it's still there having been reduced from 13,750 despite looking as fresh as any S2 I've ever seen.

In my particular situation, I'd rather spend a little less on a drivable project, rather than buy what looks like a top car at a top price. In my man-mind, if I spend 10k on a car, spend 10k on fixing bits, but still sell it for 10k in a few years, I've broken even. If I spend 20k on a car, spend nothing, but sell it or 10k, I've lost money.... if that makes sense.

I appreciate current owners thinking that prices will only go up, I really do. I feel the 8-10k range is about right for most cars (without problems) for the foreseeable.

Comment

Back up again at sub £12k. Getting more realistic now.

Comment

Working...
                      X