Audi s2 avant aby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi s2 avant aby

Hi, just trying to gauge some interest here. I am offering my S2 for sale.
    Obviously you know what these are.
    Here is a brief run down of spec and interior.

Audi S2 ABY
    2.2T 5 cylinder
    TFSI coil conversion
    Carbon trim
    URS4 seats
    H&R springs and bilstein dampers
    16" ABY alloys recently refurbed
    Original blaupunkt cassette player with 6cd changer in boot.
    Stainless Steel exhaust
    Extensive history

It is a relatively clean standard car and just needs regular tlc

As far as I know it was previously owned by Dave Swift and went to a college as a concours engineering project and they have done a pretty decent job.

Bad bits;
    There is very little rust on this car, if any
    but
    the car needs painting properly as the "college" paint job has peeled to primer but has got the original paint underneath.

Mechanically it has been fine and I enjoy driving it but just to make prospective tyre kickers aware
    It needs the alignment and tracking doing properly.
    The clutch is stiff
    The gearbox is tight and clunky
    Brakes are warped and hasn't had a decent clean for a while.

£10000 but open to offers.

Link to car and classic as image sizes are too big for here.

Please contact me for more info as I know this is brief.

Regards Michael
    1994 Audi S2 Estate ABY For Sale, £12500 Audi S2 ABY 2.2T 5 cylinder TFSI coil conversion Carbon trim URS4 seats H&R springs and bilste
    Last edited by clout1207; 27 September 2020, 20:39.

Deleted
    Last edited by clout1207; 27 September 2020, 20:32.

Comment

What are you guys thinking is realistic for S2 prices.
      Obviously when I got my 3b 13 year ago it was £1500 and now they're crackers money. I'm still a good few thousand cheaper than the next cheapest avant and I know good parts are tricky to find now.
      I'd be appreciative of any UK offers on this just to guage some honest values of what people would be willing to pay.

Dont be shy, you wont insult me. I appreciate honest feedback from people who know what they're on about.

Thanks regards Michael

Comment

Hi Michael
        You car looks like a good example from the pics and I think the price you are asking is about right. I would remove the turbo upgrade options from your advert and sell them separately. Including them detracts from the fact that the car is a nice original, unmolested example.
        The problem is that in the current climate, not much is selling at all. There are some very nice Avants that have been for sale for some months, with hardly a sniff. Covid is certainly putting people off going to see and buy cars and a lot of people are losing their jobs or their future employment is less certain. Just look at all the cheap cars that are appearing on facebook market place to see what I mean. I recently sold an Avant for a lot less than you are asking but it needed work and was very much a project. Hopefully things will pick up again when the Covid cr#p has passed.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks Dave, that's reassuring to know and yes the "Rona" probably doesn't help. People's priorities change.

Comment

It was a nice car when I last saw it. I bought it from a lad in Burton (no, not him). It’d been in his family for a long time between him and his parents.
            i sold it to the Tutor at the repair college and he did the work himself at home.
            this included taking engine and box and all suspension off to clean and paint etc.
            he then sold it back to me and I swapped it for a Smiley transit with Sierra cosworth engine.
            he then sold it on a while after I seem to remember.
            GLWS I’m sure you’ll find a good home for it!

Comment

Hahaha, I remember the bloke telling me about the cossy van he swapped for it. He had another smaller van with some turbo'd mad thing in it. I'm glad of your input, any validation of the history is appreciated.

Comment

Hi Michael I think your 10k asking price is very reasonable indeed, probably worth a bit more it looks straight and smart and your just down the road from me a couple of S2s in Hartlepool at the moment! Good luck with the sale

Comment

Haha, Thanks Anthony. Well I'll keep it for sale for now but I'm appreciating the car more and more each day.

Comment

Working...
                  X