Audi S2 Coupe For Sale !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi S2 Coupe For Sale !

I thought this day will never come but due to luck of use and space needed I’ve decided
    to sell my S2
    Before I put on the market, I thought I’ll let forum members know as someone could be interested in it.

She is not a garage queen low mileage car but well sorted and very presentable car indeed
    I have owned it for nearly 20 years and I’ve done around 80K most reliable miles in it, she never let me down!
    After light restoration in 2017 she was kept in the garage not used, regularly fired up and driven on privet road, now after full service, she is back on the road with fresh 1 year MOT no advisory!
    Audi S2 Coupe 4WD 1991 196.000 miles 5 owners
    On Private plate that will go with the car
    It’s finished in rare blue pearl with half black leather /half RS2 blue Alcantara interior
    Punch leather trim around
    Being early car all trims, dash, carpet etc are black not anthracite like on later car - what from my opinion looks much better
    She has Front and rear electric operated windows
    Heated seats
    Front 4 pot Brembo with 323 mm crossed drill discs
    And Girling 43 with 280mm crossed drill discs at the back
    Front RS2 28mm anti roll bar, and custom 24m rear ones
    Koni shocks absorbers and lower springs.
    de cat (no problem with MOT emission as its early car) with Milltek stainless steel sport exhaust ( old type better quality than what they make now)
    Fully refurbished S8 17-inch 8J Avus alloys wheels with new 225/45 Uniroyal Rain Sport tyres all around
    Steel sunroof conversion and full black headlining and trims around
    Leather trimmed genuine Audi handbrake cover and handle
    RS2 inner black door handle
    RS2 front Grill
    Self-dimming interior mirror
    It has period Radio/ CD player Fitted
    And front and middle upgraded speakers, if remember well they are Alpine components
    Toad alarm with certificate

The engine is as good as new, lightly tuned by MTM to 270bhp (Stock ECU available if for some reason someone wants to have less power )
    It doesn’t take any oil even when driven very hard.
    (oil was always changed ever 3k miles or 6 months whatever was coming first)
    It has a Samco boost pressure hoses and
    ABY air box fitted (3B available in case new owner wants to come back to stock)

Around 4 years ago when clear lacquer started to peeling off on the bonnet and the wings, I gave her new 4 layers of
    Glasurit paint around, prior to it I’ve stripped the places that are most sensitive to stone chip- front wings / sills and rear wheel arches to the bare metal
    treated all with 3 coats of top-quality anticorrosion epoxy primer. (Let me assure you that it wasn’t quick cheap body shop work)
    At the same time, I also fully refurbished Front ellipsoid headlights all internal parts recoated and renewed with new glass lenses fitted
    new indicators, new front bumper grills, new all lower rubber trims around, new sunroof seal, new auxiliary radiator, new door card seals
    new inner sill covers, new tailgate seal, new scuttle covers - All parts were Genuine Audi parts (not AT parts)
    All suspension parts - struts, subframes, arb’s links etc have been stripped blasted and powder coated
    All fitted with new mounts/ bushes, links etc
    She also has fully refurbished prop shaft with new cv joins and centre bearing support
    New battery, and floor mats last year
    Instrument cluster has been replaced as the faces were peeling badly, I’ve replaced it with Instrument cluster that had around 16 k more miles on the odometer, as didn’t want to interfere to correct it (visible on mot history in 2008)
    So car Actually done less than current clock shows (not that this matter much ? )

She runs and performs as she looks, the only negative I could find is a play in rear diff (as most of them has) it didn’t bother me enough to replace the diff
    However, I’ve got the spare diff that will go with the car.
    All the works that have been done on this car (except wheel alignment) have been done by myself so if you have any questions
    With regards to what/ how/when has been done please don’t hesitate to ask.

The car is cat C/D when around 15 years ago avoiding accident I hit concrete block on the roundabout, insurance valued the car at 2K
    And repair valuation was £1800 so their decision was - uneconomical to repair –
    I bought the car back, replaced the cracked bumper,
    headlight and front left wing that could have been repaired but I preferred to fit a new one and obviously after all been done I kept the car.

It will be painful to see her goes but I hope new owner will appreciate how good this car is and how much love and care were given.

I’m not sure about the price as it’s a difficult part but I have to start somewhere
    So, I think £16K for that condition of S2 Coupe is a fair price.
    No silly offers and dreamers , No I’m not that desperate to let her go for £10K

To avoid unnecessary questions and time wasting there are some answers below.

Headlining is in top condition no saggy, hanging down piece of cloth
    Door cards are no saggy all has been redone with new foam padding a few years ago
    No, leather is not worn and bolsters on the seats are more than in good condition.
    This car is bone dry inside - no leaks through windscreen, taillights, doors etc
    No, there is no Rust on the body.
    No boost leaks.

P.S I’m not sure yet but more likely further on in the year I’ll be also selling my coupe quattro B2 1987 with N/A 2.5L stroker forged Oettinger engine, non-sunroof, big brakes etc
    Last edited by urquattrob81; 24 March 2022, 19:02.

s2 left.JPG s2 left view.jpg s2 right view.jpg interior.jpg rear seats.jpg dash.jpg

Comment

dash switches.jpg clocks left.jpg boost gauge.jpg brakes alloy.jpg gear.jpg handbrake.jpg

Comment

What a cracking car and fabulous colour. Good luck selling
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

rear s2.jpg s wheel close up.jpg emgine bay.jpg rear window.jpg rear rings.jpg side s2.jpg

Comment

Thank you Dave , still can't believe I'm selling it

Comment

Originally posted by urquattrob81 View Post
              Thank you Dave , still can't believe I'm selling it
              I know you look after your cars. When I came to see you and you showed me her it took you 5 minutes to remove the several car covers that were protecting it! If I hadn't just bought a Coupe I would be booking my train fare now.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Just got reply from number plate valuation .......
                We've valued your number plate A5HOJ.

This price is for us to act on your behalf as a broker, this is the price we would
                recommend your plate be advertised for:
                £1000.

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

I know you look after your cars. When I came to see you and you showed me her it took you 5 minutes to remove the several car covers that were protecting it! If I hadn't just bought a Coupe I would be booking my train fare now.
                  I really hope it end up in enthusiast’s hands

Comment

What a gorgeous example, showroom condition and love the interior

Comment

Dreamcargiveaway or the like would snap this up from you. Looks immense.

Comment

Amazing example if I could sell a kidney I'd be down to you tomorrow

Comment

Absolutely stunning!

Comment

I know the lads who run dream car giveaway, they are buying 1.8t MK2 golfs at present so may be the right time to ask. They have sold an S2 before cos I did the cambelt for them..
                            this coupe os stunning, my brother's car had a low speed nudge with a wall years back, same damage.
                            In short we didn't tell the insurance as we knew they would right it off, bumper headlight, bonnet a new wing and paint and she looked amazing..

Comment

Thank you for the comments guys,
                              I didn’t have a time to advertise it anywhere else yet , might try your suggestion with dream car giveaway monkeymagic !

Comment

Working...
                              X