1993 S2 Avant for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 S2 Avant for sale

Well, due to circumstances beyond my control, regretfully (very) my S2 is up for sale only a few months after getting it. I won't go into the details of why, so let's leave it there!

So, the car. It's a 1993 L reg S2 Avant in (apparently rare) Amethyst Pearl. It's got 136,000 miles on it and is in what I would class as 'good' condition.

A load of money was spent in the year or two before I got it. It's had:

New Turbo
    New ECU (at £1600!)
    Head Rebuild (no proof unfortunately)
    Most sensors etc.
    New vacuum lines

It's got a boost problem at the moment (a leak I think), but I'll ensure this gets sorted before the sale so it drives 100%.

The MOT and tax are due in about 4 months.

It's just had the front wishbone bushes replaced with powerflex, and I've also had the thermostat and the main rad replaced (with a Behr item from Quattro Corner).

The wheels are 8x18" BBS LM Replicas. They're in generally good condition though have a couple of small kerb marks which would probably come out with a bit of wet&dry. The wheels come wrapped in 225/40/18 budget tyres, two of which will be replaced prior to the sale.

It's sitting on a Koni (non adjustable) and H&R setup. Handling is great and still comfortable. It rubs slightly over big bumps, so the arches could probably do with being rolled. I've got the original suspension and will chuck it in if you want to go standard.

The interior is a very tidy quattro script cloth affair. It's got a centre vent mounted boost gauge and a TT alloy gear knob. The steering wheel is the standard 3 spoke S2 item. I bought a luggage cover since it didn't come with one, but it's black rather than the very dark blue of the interior. Not really a problem though as the difference is very subtle.

I've also shelled out on an alarm. It's just had a Toad Ai606 fitted, which is insurance approved. The buyer will get both alarm fobs and all the documentation. The old Audi alarm was removed at the time of installation.

It's got a couple of problems, that won't be fixed when selling, so bear these in mind. Nothing major at all, but need mentioning. O/s mirror doesn't go left and right. A/C doesn't work. Missing headlight washer.

The body work is reasonable. There are some stone chips on the front and some scuffs on the rear bumper. The drivers door has been resprayed at some point and is a slightly different shade.

I think that's probably covered it all. I'll get the boost leak sorted soon after Christmas, assuming MRC can fit me in. With this in mind, I'm only really after people expressing an interest at the moment. Price can be negotiated if someone wants it earlier.

Price is £4250, which is what I got it for, and have spent £900 or so already, and that's before fixing the boost leak. I think that's more than fair.

PM/reply if interested.

Thanks,
    Matt

Audi S2:

Avant! Ye scurvy landlubber...

Oh, I nearly forgot. It's a non-sunroof model, which is apparently quite rare.

It's located in Northampton, near M1 J15.
    Audi S2:

Comment

Have you sold this?
      Cheers
      Steve.

Comment

Hi Steve, I decided to keep it in the end. Still tracing thd boost problem too!
        Audi S2:

Comment

Working...
        X