X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ur-quattro 20V on eBay

Bit of a giggle:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1986-AUDI-QUAT...-/150438047252

"And a massive thanks to the eagle eyed ebayer who thought my car was a ringer and kindly reported it to the police(being a good citizen and all that). Well I am pleased to tell you that this afternoon I was paid a visit by the Police vehicle inspector who went over it with his fine tooth comb and it is a 1986 model but just had a no expense upgrade to a 20v some time in its glorious life. A massive thanks again your a real true life hero."

If it's a WR --> RR conversion, it's the most thorough one I've ever seen. They even swapped the body shell and found some Jacquard cloth to reupholster the seats!

wr-rr

Originally posted by Phil Payne View Post
    Bit of a giggle:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1986-AUDI-QUAT...-/150438047252

"And a massive thanks to the eagle eyed ebayer who thought my car was a ringer and kindly reported it to the police(being a good citizen and all that). Well I am pleased to tell you that this afternoon I was paid a visit by the Police vehicle inspector who went over it with his fine tooth comb and it is a 1986 model but just had a no expense upgrade to a 20v some time in its glorious life. A massive thanks again your a real true life hero."

If it's a WR --> RR conversion, it's the most thorough one I've ever seen. They even swapped the body shell and found some Jacquard cloth to reupholster the seats!
    thats rite phil i was talking to this chap the other day it def got bulges in the floor & the funny thing is he said the old bill said the engine numb matches the v5 but the engine numb on the v5 is wr so first time iv heard a 20v engine with a wr engine code i personelly rekon def a ding dong

Comment

its the most thorough conversion i've seen, they have taken the quattro script off the rear qtr glass, added a gen factory 20v exhaust and even got the very seldom seen spare wheel cover......stunning
      3 Urs to keep , 95 Avant,
      shedmeister
      http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t144/jsquatts/

Comment

When the engine swap was done they probably used the old/orig engine code on the ABY to save the V5 paperwork

Comment

I've just spoken to him - he's now admitting it's a 1991 ringer.

So much for a plod inspection, eh?

I've had one of these before - a 1987 car (post ABS accelerometer - later than 85-H-900252) in Leeds on 1984 papers. Easy to spot because of the vertical headlights, but by coincidence I'd also seen the shell the identity was stolen from in a poilce pound in Dunstable.

In the end we legitimized it. Plod wasn't interested ("no reported crime - no manhours") and the ABI thought it was probably paid out by Norwich Union. We got a letter granting title from them for not much money at all.

Could do the same here - shame to lose a 20V.

Comment

Working...
          X